Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

1 hour ago, Howay said:

:lol: The plus side of wor Peter being a bit of a racist bully (ALLEGEDLY) is I don’t feel bad at all for howling laughing at Bob Mortimers impression of him. 

:D

It’s fucking mint, mind. 

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Heard a start the other day. 

When NUFC played LFC in the 74 Cup final, both clubs had won the same amount of trophies 

There's another one about the fairs Cup - I think when we won it, it meant only Villa had won more trophies in English football. 

15 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

When NUFC played LFC in the 74 Cup final, both clubs had won the same amount of trophies 

But how many Championship League trophies have they won, eh?!! 

23 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Neither of them have ever won a Checkatrade trophy. 

;)

If Burnley beat Wolves and Huddersfield lose at Crystal Palace, the Terriers are down. Joint fastest relegation with Derby in 07/08. 

Fulham will take another one of the relegation spots, but the final one could be any of 3 clubs really. 

Cardiff will be favourites, no doubt. They're not very good, they've got a tough run in (including Che, Man City, Liv and Man Utd) and are currently in the bottom 3. Reckon they'll get 4-6pts from the last 7? End up on 32-35pts

Burnley have been shit this year, even if you just look at stats. Only Cardiff have a greater Long Ball %, only Fulham have conceded more and only Fulham have given up more good chances (xGA). Away from Nerdville they're one of the worst teams we've faced. Clogging shite and while Dyche deserves plaudits for getting them into Europe, he doesn't look like he's capable of getting them playing anything but long ball shit. Wouldn't shed a tear if they went down again. They've got a tough run in, their only "easy" home game is Cardiff and they face; Wolves, Bournemouth, Cardiff, Chelsea, Man City, Everton and Arsenal. Probably get 5-7pts? End up on 35-37pts

Southampton are only 2pts ahead of Cardiff, but have a pretty straight forward run in. Only really facing 1 team that's got anything to play for. I'd expect them to pull away, after they've put the Liverpool game behind them. It is of course possible that they drop points at Brighton, lose at home to both Liverpool and Wolves, then come into the game at St James' park still in the mire. 5-8pts? End up on 35-38pts

Brighton and Palace will be fine, and we've got a gentle run in so should be dandy too.

9FBEB678-FB78-4CD4-8C57-8EE113956E46.jpeg

That overrated shower of shit Wolves got pumped by Burnley, I don’t think it will matter to us overall as I think the current bottom 3 will go down, but it would have been nice to have Burnley further in the mire. 

• Like 1