Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Very much enjoying the idea of Hodgson holding hands with him as they wander around the National History Museum.

:D

“ So, was Hitler a dinosaur, Gaffer?”

” No son, don’t be daft”

” Was Hitler a naturalist then, Gaffer?”

“ Not really Wayne, no”

“ Shouldn’t we be in the Imperial War Musuem, Boss?”

RoyHodgson-banging-head-wall-WestBrom-13

• Haha 2

Who knew that banging on about things from 20 years ago and promising a nebulous, fictional concept of playing football the "Man United Way" is actually less important than things like man management, motivation and tactical nous? I'm glad the horrible little shit is being exposed as a useless little fraud who was clearly only telling players what they wanted to hear and is now cracking under the pressure after one bad run. They had a decent first half (well, 35 minutes) last night and he clearly had no idea what to do once Man City shuffled the deck. Norwegian John Carver is right; banging on about the past to cover up for a complete lack of ideas.

• Like 4

Makes me laugh.

They were banging on about how great Rashford was.  He was decent when he attacked Kompany, but that didn't happen after Kompany floored him by standing his ground.  They didnt attacked Kompany at all.  If the little assassin had any brains about him they would have made him their focal point and put him under pressure.  Rashford did absolutley fuck all in the second half.  Pogba was he even on the pitch?  Laughable.

All the media and commentators bang on about 'ooo what would Sir Alex have done'  Forget about that red nosed fucker, he's gone.  He retired over 5 years ago now FFS.  That's their problem.  They can't let go of how he would have done it.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Who knew that banging on about things from 20 years ago and promising a nebulous, fictional concept of playing football the "Man United Way" is actually less important than things like man management, motivation and tactical nous? I'm glad the horrible little shit is being exposed as a useless little fraud who was clearly only telling players what they wanted to hear and is now cracking under the pressure after one bad run. They had a decent first half (well, 35 minutes) last night and he clearly had no idea what to do once Man City shuffled the deck. Norwegian John Carver is right; banging on about the past to cover up for a complete lack of ideas.

:lol: Spot on. His new one was “Manchester United DNA” :lol::lol: he’s a parody of himself at this point. 

• Haha 1

Fucking laughable how sky built up a title decider in the latter stages of the season and a derby as well then spend all pre-match and post-match talking about the losers and also rans rather than the actual title race. :lol: Can you imagine last nights game in hand for Man City was against us and they beat us this time. How much time would've been used to talk about NUFC? We'd have been the same irrelevance to their title narrative as Man U should've been once they'd been dusted aside. As for the losers, fair play to Keane who was closer to the truth than Neville who used the classic 'agents fault' instead of calling out the player involved, but even Keane questioned the desire when surely it's not just down to desire, some of their players are just not good enough to be anywhere near a title challenging side. We all pissed ourselves laughing when the Norwegian Carver© got the job and to the surprise of no fucker at all he's hit the Glenn Roeder season 2 stage in season 1 already. :lol: 26 years trying to buy the title is a fond memory and I reckon there's a chance they could emulate that. (10 years is a knocking bet). :good:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Howmanheyman said:

Fucking laughable how sky built up a title decider in the latter stages of the season and a derby as well then spend all pre-match and post-match talking about the losers and also rans rather than the actual title race. :lol: Can you imagine last nights game in hand for Man City was against us and they beat us this time. How much time would've been used to talk about NUFC? We'd have been the same irrelevance to their title narrative as Man U should've been once they'd been dusted aside.  :good:

We'll get our chance when we play Liverpool next week. No doubt we'll be shown the 4-3 on loop. At this point, I'd rather them show the Alonso chip on Harper or whatever result they got against us when they were going for the title under Rafa. I know Sky are nostalgic for the time when BT Sport weren't kicking their shit in and when people weren't paying for IPTV instead of their overpriced drivel but they desperately need to change the record.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

We'll get our chance when we play Liverpool next week. No doubt we'll be shown the 4-3 on loop. At this point, I'd rather them show the Alonso chip on Harper or whatever result they got against us when they were going for the title under Rafa. I know Sky are nostalgic for the time when BT Sport weren't kicking their shit in and when people weren't paying for IPTV instead of their overpriced drivel but they desperately need to change the record.

They live off that 4-3 so zero chance they'll be ditching that footage any time soon. Off the top of my head I struggle to recall any such disappointed players/manager footage from any other of the regular clubs near the top when they've been beaten in an important fixture. Some clubs seem to get a bit more respectful deference more through self preservation probably, but still.

Aye, can’t wait for all the narrative around that game. We won’t be able to get moved for all the narrative for the whole weekend, everything will just be dripping in narrative. 

• Haha 2