Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

was reading that bbc article about scenarios where there’d be a premier league play off for the title .. and seen the only time they made contingency plans was between us and man u that year.. oh what if give for those days back :(

6AD333EF-E98B-488E-8427-94AB65B925B1.jpeg

Edited by zerosum

20 hours ago, Alex said:

Decent 

Fucker liked a nutmeg didn’t he? :lol:

Cheers for posting that, not seen anything like it before. Thing about Pele is you’ve got to be over 60 to remember him at the 1970 World Cup. His first was 1958. That’s why he gets few vouches now for 🐐 because that generation are less likely to pour their thoughts out online. I don’t think our generation(s) can truly appreciate the effect of the Mexico 70 World Cup being the first one televised in colour to Europe. Those yellow shirts mesmerised the public, my old man always said that. But as we can see, he was utterly brilliant too 👍

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Fucker liked a nutmeg didn’t he? :lol:

Cheers for posting that, not seen anything like it before. Thing about Pele is you’ve got to be over 60 to remember him at the 1970 World Cup. His first was 1958. That’s why he gets few vouches now for 🐐 because that generation are less likely to pour their thoughts out online. I don’t think our generation(s) can truly appreciate the effect of the Mexico 70 World Cup being the first one televised in colour to Europe. Those yellow shirts mesmerised the public, my old man always said that. But as we can see, he was utterly brilliant too 👍

Tooj sent me that vid. 

How good Pele’s left peg too? I know he was only 29 in 1970 but he’d been playing almost non stop barring time out injured for over 10 years and, as a result he was past his best. Despite that he was still the best player in what was probably the best side ever. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Stayed on his feet too even when people were trying to cut him in half.

Portugal kicked him & Brazil out of the tournament in 66. Beating Eusebio in the semis was England’s best result, technically the final was a draw.