Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

Just now, Andrew said:

People have actually got to want to go though, don't think many are looking fondly at shelling out £2500 to go to Azerbaijan, where one of Arsenals players would be in such danger that he isn't going to the game

It wouldn’t be 2.5k though. You fly in, few beers or 1 night max, game, then fly out. You book enough seats for the tickets sold. Round the time we were in the champions league a Msn Utd fan was doing most of the travel for them, Leeds (they had a great run to the semis) & Liverpool. If you’ve the capital for the first trip you make enough to finance the next and off you go. 

8 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Can’t help but thinking someone (or obviously the clubs themselves) could make a killing by just chartering some flights? Fuck me Keith Barrett used to put a couple of buses on to away games and he ended up chartering 3 jumbos to Milan in 2003. Likely harder to do it nowadays and Baku is a long way but probably not insurmountable problems I wouldn’t have thought :cuppa:

I went on his trip to Kiev in 03 which was £400 I think and he hired the plane from a Ukrainian airline so its possible to deal with that part of the world. 

• Like 1

Can't blame Arsenal for not boycotting, there's a spot in the CL at stake. 

But it comes as no shock to anyone that the fans and players have been the last people considered in deciding where to hold the final.

• Like 1

The whole thing is a total sham. They’ve picked a place that is extremely difficult to get to, and one that has shown massive intolerance. UEFA like to act like they care about equality but they’re basically accepting of it with this action. 

I don’t know if it was for safety reasons or if the country hasn’t allowed him in but either way is troubling. 

As someone mentioned this is a good test run for Qatar, favoring of corporate tickets v allowing actual fans in, and a solid bout of intolerance. 

• Like 1

Yeah but ewerk was trying to give you an 'out' for insinuating that anywhere that wasn't Western Europe was basically 'nowhere' :lol: 

If the country has teams playing in the Europa League then it seems reasonable that they should be allowed to host finals. Although I do feel that maybe variable final locations based on winning teams would be more appropriate, or that UEFA subsidise travelling fans.

That's 12,013,041,800 pennies generated by the club. Looking forward to Benitez getting to spend 'em all.

52 minutes ago, ewerk said:

The fact that we’ve been on TV more than anyone outside the top six shows what potential there is there.

Yet that fat cunt still seems blind to it

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

The fact that we’ve been on TV more than anyone outside the top six shows what potential there is there.

How can we expect to compete with the likes of West Ham, Leicester and Watford?

Despite getting essentially the same money, and being on tv more we apparently can’t compete in the transfer market :lol:. I’m sure the next time we come up some daft cunt like Ferdinand will likely completely blank facts like that, then say some cliche like Newcastle fans expect to compete with Man City. 

2 hours ago, strawb said:

Is that a good thing or bad?

btw I don’t understand spreadsheets

It’s a good thing. There’s an asterisk at the bottom that explains it but it’s basically another £1m extra for each televised game over 10. Liverpool and Man Utd having 3 and 1 more televised games respectively than City shows the bias towards them two clubs btw, so Liverpool got more money than City. 

No idea why it’s called facility fee mind, as I agree it sounds like an expense. 

Edited by Howay

On 5/23/2019 at 19:07, ewerk said:

Firmly believe with the right support from the owner(s), Newcastle United could swell the top 6 to a top 7 and our potential to consistently finish around those top spots outstrips teams like Leicester.