Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

7 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

:lol:

Totally forgotten about this cockney wanker. He was Pardew before Pardew. Obviously the king out Pardewed him when he came on the scene but Gregory was the prototype.

He's from Scunthorpe, I know we stretch the term cockney a bit to cover the general London area but that's a bit much.

14 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

He's from Scunthorpe, I know we stretch the term cockney a bit to cover the general London area but that's a bit much.

That's never a Scunthrope accent like.

1 hour ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

He's the most cockney sounding bloke I've ever met from Scunthorpe.*

*Don't think I've actually met someone from Scunthorpe but that's beside the point. ;)

I’d completely forgotten about him. Just been reading his wiki page and it looks like he’s been on a managerial roadshow, from Israel to Kazakhstan and India 

Edited by Dr Gloom

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Hope we're safe because I really don't fancy playing Spurs and Chelsea as the last two games if they both need to assure Champions League places.

We will be well safe long before those two matches.

3 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Sky....what a set of fuckin cunts...

Football sold itself to the highest bidder and dances to their tune. The club's couldn't give a fuck as long as the dough keeps coming in. Obviously SKY don't give a single fuck at all.

With Spurs and Chelsea our last 2 games, and Arsenal 3 days before their European game, there isn’t going to be a better chance of survival.

Huddersfield

Leicester

Everton

West Brom

Watford

are the other 5 and we should be aiming for 3 points in all of them 

Could give us the chance to build a bit of momentum. As KD says, the other 5 games are winnable, as we're either facing teams who're done for the season after hitting 40pts, or we're facing an erstwhile Championship side and a future Championship side.

Leicester, Everton and watford all have the ability in their squad to beat us, but a few more wins gets us to 40pts and I think our desire will get us over the line.

Honestly think another couple of wins would see us alright even if we lost the rest. Obviously 3 or 4 wins would be a lot better and calm everyone's nerves. I agree about the desire being a big factor.

44 minutes ago, Alex said:

Honestly think another couple of wins would see us alright even if we lost the rest. Obviously 3 or 4 wins would be a lot better and calm everyone's nerves. I agree about the desire being a big factor.

Yeah, there's a group of 5 teams who'd need 3 wins to get to 40pts and 3 that would need 4 wins from their remaining 7-8 games. IMO a couple of wins should be enough for the teams already >30pts and relegation will come down to the other 5 who've not yet passed that mark.

7 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Yeah, there's a group of 5 teams who'd need 3 wins to get to 40pts and 3 that would need 4 wins from their remaining 7-8 games. IMO a couple of wins should be enough for the teams already >30pts and relegation will come down to the other 5 who've not yet passed that mark.

So what your effectively saying is the 3 teams with the lowest points will be relegated? I hadn’t thought of it that way... what’s the name of your football podcast again? 

• Haha 4