Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

On 10/5/2017 at 4:29 AM, Rayvin said:

Sky are planning to schedule our away game against West Ham on Christmas Eve. 560 mile round trip, the day before Christmas. How long before we have live football on Christmas day, I wonder.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/blog/2017/oct/05/premier-league-christmas-eve-west-ham-newcastle-arsenal-liverpool-sky-sports

An alternative they are also looking at is the possibility of moving the match to the "8pm Friday night primetime spot".

On 06/10/2017 at 11:15 AM, Alex said:

Just remembered that match on the plastic pitch at Loftus Road when we were winning 4-nowt at half time and ended drawing 5-5. To make it even better we scored to make it 5-3 with about 5 minutes to go :lol: Was listening to it on Metro Radio and even at that young age I thought it was typical NUFC.

:lol: Newcastle United have been typical Newcastle United since I started going.

On 06/10/2017 at 2:25 PM, LooneyToony said:

Oh wow...who's the nutter for thinking my silly comment to Fish implied incest?  :lol: 

You assumed everyone celebrates Christmas like you do? With mom and dad and family all day long?  There are millions of us around the world that don't do it that way.

It's 'Mam'. :good:

3 hours ago, Rayvin said:

The True Geordie has managed to get hold of Alan Shearer for a podcast :lol: For 2 hours!

Actually kind of interesting...

That was canny although I did wonder a bit of the general lack of knowledge/perspective from TG and his southern sidekick, also Shearer himself getting the odd thing wrong. Had to laugh at TG comparing himself with Shearer albeit slightly tongue in cheek, (should've been 100% tongue in cheek) about being famous in Newcastle. :lol:

Just now, Howmanheyman said:

That was canny although I did wonder a bit of the general lack of knowledge/perspective from TG and his southern sidekick, also Shearer himself getting the odd thing wrong. Had to laugh at TG comparing himself with Shearer albeit slightly tongue in cheek, (should've been 100% tongue in cheek) about being famous in Newcastle. :lol:

I caught that too :lol: 

But aye, I don't think TG is actually very insightful about anything. Impressed he's managed to get to the point where he can justify two hours of Shearer's time though.

Just now, Alex said:

Absolutely no question he'll have paid Shearer a canny substantial fee for that.

Coral pay Shearer as an 'ambassador'. By coincidence and probably as another way of playing up to the 'lad' culture and getting young'uns to bet with them, they've also agreed to sponsor True Geordie so that's how he's ended up with Shearer I'd hazard a guess? :D

6 minutes ago, Alex said:

Absolutely no question he'll have paid Shearer a canny substantial fee for that.

You think? I wouldn't have thought he could afford the sort of things Shearer would likely charge for something like this. I mean he's doing alright with his channel but even so. I figured it would just be the exposure that Shearer would be interested in really. TG does have 500k subs after all.

Edited by Rayvin

1 minute ago, Howmanheyman said:

Coral pay Shearer as an 'ambassador'. By coincidence and probably as another way of playing up to the 'lad' culture and getting young'uns to bet with them, they've also agreed to sponsor True Geordie so that's how he's ended up with Shearer I'd hazard a guess? :D

That'll be it :lol:

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

That'll be it :lol:

Aye, sounds like it. There's not a hope in hell he's given up two hours of his time for nowt.

52 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Fuck off, did he! :lol: Wonder if he has any of those hoodies with his own face on left?

I can’t even bring myself to watch it, true Geordie is a completely embarrassing cunt. His accent is fucking laughable the times I’ve heard it as well, sounds like Vic and Bob on that Geordie jeans skit from years ago. 

16 hours ago, Ant said:

"unemployable"

it is funny how he says he was a rolemodel and his hero/icon, cause it doesn't look like he's learnt many lessons lol

Shearer saying he's all about hard work and shouty Youtuber "The True Geordie" nodding sagely in agreement. 

F.F.S. :lol:

7 hours ago, Howay said:

I can’t even bring myself to watch it, true Geordie is a completely embarrassing cunt. His accent is fucking laughable the times I’ve heard it as well, sounds like Vic and Bob on that Geordie jeans skit from years ago. 

To be honest there's some good stuff from Shearer, but the fat lad only has a few interesting questions and too often steers the topic of the conversation back to him. I was doing this when you signed, you were my hero,  I know someone who committed suicide so tell me about Speed. 

The other lad was fine by comparison

14 minutes ago, The Fish said:

To be honest there's some good stuff from Shearer, but the fat lad only has a few interesting questions and too often steers the topic of the conversation back to him. I was doing this when you signed, you were my hero,  I know someone who committed suicide so tell me about Speed. 

The other lad was fine by comparison

Not a great fan of the other lad either tbh, he's one of the most wet human beings I think I've ever laid eyes on.

TG clearly isn't a towering intellect but he is at least, basically, a normal guy. Which is why his questions suck and he relates everything back to himself too much :lol:

I enjoyed the interview although ultimately agree that a better interviewing team would have made it more interesting.

Just now, Rayvin said:

Not a great fan of the other lad either tbh, he's one of the most wet human beings I think I've ever laid eyes on.

TG clearly isn't a towering intellect but he is at least, basically, a normal guy. Which is why his questions suck and he relates everything back to himself too much :lol:

I enjoyed the interview although ultimately agree that a better interviewing team would have made it more interesting.

I wonder if a more polished interviewing team would have got the relaxed version of Shearer's public face though?