Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

On 17/12/2017 at 1:31 PM, Howay said:

I don’t say this sort of stuff about many people but I genuinely hope I wake up one day to news the horrible bastard is bankrupt. 

He knows how much football means to the city and the people, to a lot of people it’s a massive part of who they are. Many people graft all week looking forward to the match day. This bloke has come in and pissed around with it, embarrassed it, soured local ties, cheapened it, and made the actual football side of the club a boring, half arsed shit show. 

It makes me constantly question why he fucking bought the club, he absolutely never intended it to be an Abramovic-lite play thing, and if he genuinely intended to buy the club as an investment then it’s a fucking miracle that he’s a rich man as it’s been run as if it had been owned by a man that simply hates the city of Newcastle for a decade (I mean could you fucking imagine a bloke as inept as Lee Charnley in a C-suite position at a top company :lol: ). 

Knowing stuff like how he pissed around the group that bought Man City just makes it even more galling. He had a chance to get out with a profit, when he has absolutely no right to do so, yet he did absolutely nothing but embarrass himself, the football club, and potentially ruin any hope of the club having a buyer from that region even. Against all the odds that has happened again, somehow the lightening has struck twice, yet the bloke somehow seems to think he has the strong hand here :lol: honestly they should do studies on this bloke as he is completely incapable of learning from his mistakes. 

Just sell us you absolutely fucking horrible fat, greedy, lying, conniving pig. Then please promptly go backrupt. 

I'd take relegation now if it meant this cunt had a clean break from the club and we got in some serious people. 100%.

Obviously I'd rather he fucked off and we could start in the PL but I just have a feeling that if he he can fuck it up......he will. The McKeag and Seymour's* were petty in that they treated the club like the family silver even though they realised their time had been and gone by the 60s at the latest, however this cunt has to be doing it out of spite or has dome massive fucking neediness that makes him have to be a WINNER in his own mind against everyone from Staveley, Dave Whelan to the normal bloke working all week just wanting a few hours watching his club try to win some games and have a go. 

*The original Seymour senior probably the last ambitious bloke at the club, his son, a chairman in my time, the Douglas Hall to john Hall.

• Like 1

On 17/12/2017 at 1:31 PM, PaddockLad said:

Tbh I wouldn’t want the whole world domination thing. We’d attract even more fuckin idiots. I wouldn’t want to follow a club where success is taken for granted either.

I'm glad you said 'more idiots'. :lol:

The Leicester game had my arm around some divvies neck offering him some advice before his mates dragged him away and a milky bar kid lookalike in front of us tried to separate us after the event when it had all finished. I jokingly asked him who he was trying hold back? The invisible man? :lol:

Typically English mentality isn't it; the only reason these successful managers are any good is because they buy the best players. The only reason Allardyce/Pulis/Dyche don't get a shot at the big clubs is because they're not foreign enough.

12 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Typically English mentality isn't it; the only reason these successful managers are any good is because they buy the best players. The only reason Allardyce/Pulis/Dyche don't get a shot at the big clubs is because they're not foreign enough.

It would be interesting to see how Guardiola would get on at a lesser team. Whether he could adapt his approach to suit poorer quality players.

Of course it'll never happen because why the fuck would he bother?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

It would be interesting to see how Guardiola would get on at a lesser team. Whether he could adapt his approach to suit poorer quality players.

Of course it'll never happen because why the fuck would he bother?

We had the same conversation yesterday.

Guardiola has certainly lifted Delph and Sterlings game this season.

16 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Also, https://richardajkeys.com/index.php/blog/item/the-brit-pack

Rafa is shite. Mike Ashley is blameless.

1 minute ago, wykikitoon said:

We had the same conversation yesterday.

Guardiola has certainly lifted Delph and Sterlings game this season.

Aye, fair play to him, he's made a £50m player look decent. ;) 

• Like 1

It would be interesting to see Guardiola slum it like Rafa is.

I suppose the elite pragmatists like Rafa would be better suited to teams lower down the ranks in comparison to the likes of Pep who demand a certain quality in possession that you probably wouldn't find outside the very best teams.

Look at Klopp, supposedly one of the top table managers but without individually gifted defenders he can't seem to set up a balanced team to save his life.