Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

21 minutes ago, ewerk said:

It would be interesting to see how Guardiola would get on at a lesser team. Whether he could adapt his approach to suit poorer quality players.

Of course it'll never happen because why the fuck would he bother?

It would be interesting, we've kind of seen how Klopp would fair in the Championship with lesser players via Wagner. Benitez' pragmatic style delivered in the Championship when the standard of our players were higher than much of the league, but without the quality for the Premier League he's struggling.

35 minutes ago, Andrew said:

It would be interesting to see Guardiola slum it like Rafa is.

I suppose the elite pragmatists like Rafa would be better suited to teams lower down the ranks in comparison to the likes of Pep who demand a certain quality in possession that you probably wouldn't find outside the very best teams.

Look at Klopp, supposedly one of the top table managers but without individually gifted defenders he can't seem to set up a balanced team to save his life.

Klavan. :lol:

Pub team at best.

2 hours ago, The Fish said:

It would be interesting, we've kind of seen how Klopp would fair in the Championship with lesser players via Wagner. Benitez' pragmatic style delivered in the Championship when the standard of our players were higher than much of the league, but without the quality for the Premier League he's struggling.

Just on this point, are we all happy to say we've got by far the worst strikeforce in the division? Brighton have Gross, Murray, Hemed. Depoitre, Mounie and even Mooy have stepped up with goals for Huddersfield. Stoke are probably the only team I could put at our level with Diouf, a misfiring Berahinho and Crouch, but they've got Shaqiri. Even Swansea have Abraham and Bony.

34 minutes ago, rogerbarton said:

Just on this point, are we all happy to say we've got by far the worst strikeforce in the division? Brighton have Gross, Murray, Hemed. Depoitre, Mounie and even Mooy have stepped up with goals for Huddersfield. Stoke are probably the only team I could put at our level with Diouf, a misfiring Berahinho and Crouch, but they've got Shaqiri. Even Swansea have Abraham and Bony.

I'd rate Crouch over any of our lot to be honest.

Huddersfield's strikers aren't great to be honest. 

10 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Man U starting with Zlatan, Rashford, Martial, Pogba, Darmian, Lindelof, Rojo, Blind etc

Nigh on a full strength team

To be fair, I think only Martial and Pogba are getting in the first XI out of those, and Pogba's playing because he's been suspended for a couple of weeks. Was still a strong team like, and amazing result for Bristol.