Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

21 hours ago, Noelie said:

Does Dummett sound very Welsh?.............born in England plays for Wales.

Does Ritchie sound very Scottish?...............born in England plays for Scotland.

Does Clark sound very Irish?.......................born in England plays for Ireland.

19 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Are any of them good enough to play for England? .............No.

Giggs was. But he decided to waste his international career, the patriotic prat.

Giggs was born in Cardiff, Wales ...................played for Wales.:razz:

58 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

:lol: at Everton fans being indignant at being compared to NUFC and West Ham. They’ve won 1 FA Cup in the last 30 years

Everton have never been relagated.

They have nowt to be angry about

11 hours ago, Tdansmith said:

Everton have never been relagated.

They have nowt to be angry about

But for Hans Segers getting his palms greased they'd have been down in the 90's. 

12 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

:lol: at Everton fans being indignant at being compared to NUFC and West Ham. They’ve won 1 FA Cup in the last 30 years

When we've been in the Premier League we've finished above Everton 13 times.  Them above us 10.  13-10, and I still think that's shit, yet they're stunned Fat Sam compared us.  At our peak we were on another planet to them, its just under Ashley any cunt would struggle.  They are THE most deluded ugly people on god's earth bar none.

25 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

But for Hans Segers getting his palms greased they'd have been down in the 90's. 

...and they'd have stayed down.  They are far more like Aston Villa.  Lets be honest we grumbled winning the league last season, because it was largely shite.  Well I did. 6/10 at best.

1 minute ago, McFaul said:

...and they'd have stayed down.  They are far more like Aston Villa.  Lets be honest we grumbled winning the league last season, because it was largely shite.  Well I did. 6/10 at best.

They've a bee in their bonnet about us, quite a few of them for some reason?

2 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

They've a bee in their bonnet about us, quite a few of them for some reason?

Largely because plenty of us believe that we were a better club than them 93-2007 with a far far far bigger fanbase.  FFS what's wrong with that?  They always say "one club city", the toon is half the size of Liverpool, and Tyne and Wear a lot smaller than Merseyside, and even the mackems generally have had better support than them over the last 25 years.  They think spending £200m in 3 months makes them part of the European elite, shame all the players are shite.

24 minutes ago, McFaul said:

Largely because plenty of us believe that we were a better club than them 93-2007 with a far far far bigger fanbase.  FFS what's wrong with that?  They always say "one club city", the toon is half the size of Liverpool, and Tyne and Wear a lot smaller than Merseyside, and even the mackems generally have had better support than them over the last 25 years.  They think spending £200m in 3 months makes them part of the European elite, shame all the players are shite.

Like Villa and a couple of others it boils their piss when the magedia talk about us and ignore them I suppose?

My dad is an Everton fan and as far as i can recall, his view for the past 20 years is that they have been consistently shite, and that he wished he didn't support them :lol:

He follows Carlisle as well in order to cheer him up a bit, which i think says it all...

The absolute bullshit Jenas comes out with and expands on with encouragement from Gerrard who also develops amnesia from that period is staggering. Why do BT and Sky only seem to have ex-NUFC people on who seem to hold some bitterness whereas the likes of Liverpool only have bona fide club men representing their clubs? Pleased Shearer picked up on this.

You don't think playing under Souness at Newcastle would be detrimental to your development vs playing for Benitez at Liverpool back then?

I mean, I think he's right to say he needs to look in the mirror for the answers as to where his career went wrong, but I also think he's right (and too honest) in what he's saying.

There was a period of about 5 mins where Jenas looked like a hell of a prospect, but mostly he was just shite.

I'm not defending his playing or saying he showed anything special after his England caps, just that his point is correct and he's a decent pundit (not something you can say for Shearer tbh).