Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

You know, there's the talk and odd comments that we have the same team as last season, but that's far from true.

With Schar, Fernandez, Mutu, Ki, and Rondon added it's hardly the same team. I think what is happening is that we are basically seeing the same team as not all the new additions are being used.

I can't help but wonder why Rafa has not given Rondon more playing time and is persisting with Joselu.

Agree with what RobinRobin said, Fernandez and Schar have had a decent amount of appearances between them. One of the key reasons is because Shelvey, ridiculously still one of the very few true creative players we have, has been injured and another being basically all of our games have been against top 6 sides. Let’s hoy all that out the window and blame Rafa eh? 

I’m not saying Rafa is above criticism but the players named aren’t much ahead of the ones that have started, other than Rondon who as Robin mentioned has been unfit and away on international duty for a decent amount of the games. If we had a fully fit Lascelles and Shelvey for all of the fixtures we’d likely have more points than we have now, we’d also have more points if the fat waste of space we have as an owner had allowed Rafa to get his first choices in the door rather than looking further down his list. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 1

I fucking hated Pardew but even he was never the real problem at the club. Now we've got one of the best managers in the world plying his trade with even fewer resources and some people still blame him. Not much on here but on social media in general. It's mental.

• Like 1

On 9/20/2018 at 08:29, Rayvin said:

It does seem entirely pointless getting wound up at Rafa. Yes the guy is going to cost us points here and there through tactical mistakes, but far fewer than almost anyone else would.

He'll win us many more with tactical nous and inspirational leadership. The Man U and Arsenal home wins last season come to mind. We'd have lost the Arsenal game 0-4 if Pardew had been in charge, as soon as Lacazette scored it would've been open season. 

• Like 1

:lol: It’s brilliant, he’s picked probably the worst player in the dressing room to start having pops at. Pogba seems to be very popular amongst the players, clearly a leader based off the World Cup showing, and is their best player. Deschamps was able to get class performances out of him while playing a more defensive style. 

I think he’s trying to get sacked and get the pay off tbh. I get Pogba’s comments were clearly aimed at Mourinho but you don’t dress him down like he did in front of the players surely, then burn the bridge with removing his captaincy (or vice captaincy) and saying he will never have it again. Which player does he think can help them close the gap? Sanchez? :lol:  

• Like 1

Mourhinho knows he can never succeed at Man U given the competition he faces from other clubs so he's looking for a way out and a scapegoat. He's been out chequebooked and he can't cope.

• Like 1

There's no doubt they overpay players, particularly Sanchez who gets about £500k a week but JM was very public about not getting what he wanted in summer & Woodward basically pulled the plug on the Maguire deal, I can't imagine Guardiola, Klopp or Sarri having that issue. 

You can never really be sure who's even signing the players at Man United, who really wanted Pogba? 

Anyway, they're shite and it looks like nobody wants to be there. :) 

• Like 1