Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

2 hours ago, ohhh_yeah said:

Jake Humphreys is an absolute prat. Hope his words haunt him in his sleep.

"This is where you think about your life choices."

Why? just watched that on twitter, he made a joke about not being rich enough to have a helicopter before it took off and its somehow supposed to haunt him?

• Like 1

It's making me think how different it would have been if it had been Ashley - don't think it would have gone as far as people celebrating but it would have been a push to find grief. 

35 minutes ago, NJS said:

It's making me think how different it would have been if it had been Ashley - don't think it would have gone as far as people celebrating but it would have been a push to find grief. 

CT laying a single red rose outside the ground.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, NJS said:

Has he given us any reason to believe he's a good human being.  The stress, arrogance and shit the bastard has caused to hundreds of thousands of Newcastle fans over a decade certainly wouldn't cause traffic jams on the M1 with toon fans going to his funeral.  Keegan would say nothing, but he'd be sat that there with Jean drinking chamomile tea with half a smile on his face for an hour and no words coming out of his mouth.  I'd be the same without the chamomile.  

Matthew Harding lost his life the same way while developing Chelsea, but this man took Leicester to a place no one on earth thought they could go.  A bloke who had universal respect for developing a football club from mid-table championship to Champions of England.  A good man who seemed care more about his project than leeching off it for a decade in numerous ways.

41 minutes ago, McFaul said:

Matthew Harding lost his life the same way while developing Chelsea, but this man took Leicester to a place no one on earth thought they could go.  A bloke who had universal respect for developing a football club from mid-table championship to Champions of England.  A good man who seemed care more about his project than leeching off it for a decade in numerous ways.

Of course there was that but it's also the way he treated the city and the fans with respect. Buying pints, donuts etc. for the fans and donating millions to the local uni and to build a new kids' hospital. He was basically everything Mike Ashley is not.

9 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Wonder what happens to ownership of the club at Lcfc?

He wasn't the sole owner, was the chairman and part of the consortium that bought them.

His son was part of that same group and is a director so it looks like he'll replace his father as chairman. Not sure how the ownership is divvied up though. 

On 10/27/2018 at 18:42, Andrew said:

Why? just watched that on twitter, he made a joke about not being rich enough to have a helicopter before it took off and its somehow supposed to haunt him?

Stereotypes.

Does Dan Roan offend you with his comment?

1 hour ago, ohhh_yeah said:

Stereotypes.

Does Dan Roan offend you with his comment?

I have no idea what you're on about, no idea what could be considered offensive or wrong with what Jake Humphreys said and I've no idea what dan roan has said.

On 29/10/2018 at 12:25, NJS said:

I think quite a few people would have enjoyed a pint or two if had been Ashley.  And I dread to think what our fan base would come accross like if they were interviewed.  I have no doubt quite a lot of people would find it difficult to express anything other than joy at his passing.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, David Kelly said:

I think quite a few people would have enjoyed a pint or two if had been Ashley.  And I dread to think what our fan base would come accross like if they were interviewed.  I have no doubt quite a lot of people would find it difficult to express anything other than joy at his passing.

There have already been articles slagging fans of our lot, Manchester United and Arsenal for the pity it wasn’t Ashley/Glazer/Kronke craic. 

I don’t wish it was him but as many on here have said I wouldn’t feel bad for the bloke, his family would have my condolences, but to be quite frank many would probably be better off if he was gone. Putting football to one side he’s also a massive cunt to his staff, pushes to buy struggling businesses so he can strip them for parts, and seems to always hope and I assume push for less regulated working conditions for factory and shop staff. As for those wishing it was him, he’s made that rod for his own back as far as I’m concerned, it’d have been incredibly easy to endear himself to the fan base from the off but he basically did the exact opposite at every single decision quite often when it wasn’t needed and was simply malicious. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 3