Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

I saw a quick clip of the abuse he got on Twitter and couldn’t tell if anything directed towards him was racist but I’m guessing someone has spent a bit of time establishing that there was.

I’ve got a lot of respect for Sterling. Quality player who has made massive steps forward under Guardiola.

Sterling is also consistently targeted for abuse by fan bases and nasty articles in the press, which I don’t understand as he’s always come across as a genuine, hard working, model professional imo.

The Liverpool fans are still poisonous towards him, one look at the comments on any of his Instagram posts shows that, but they love Suarez a bloke who did exactly the same thing, moved on to a better club. Weirdly other fan bases also follow this and get insulted for Sterling leaving Liverpool, despite the fact he moved to Liverpool at 16 from QPR and almost immediately emerged as one of their best players, so I’m not sure what he’s supposed to owe Liverpool. 

Chelsea fans also have prior for this, up there with West Ham and Stoke fans for scummiest in England imo. 

His instagram post this morning which is what strawb mentioned is spot on as well, two Man City youth players bought £2M homes for their mams, the daily mail made a nice article about Foden in a positive light, whereas Adarabioyo who is black is portrayed as splashing cash with a pretty negative headline. It’s something that has been used about Sterling himself in the past with regard to cars etc. it’s disgraceful tbh. 

Edited by Howay

I see Piers Morgan is being a tit about this. Comparing the abuse Beckham received after getting sent off at the World Cup to the abuse Sterling regularly receives. I can’t wait until the day that melted face abhorrent cunt fucks off from the media. 

• Like 1

On 09/12/2018 at 15:35, Howay said:

I see Piers Morgan is being a tit about this. Comparing the abuse Beckham received after getting sent off at the World Cup to the abuse Sterling regularly receives. I can’t wait until the day that melted face abhorrent cunt fucks off from the media. 

Middle class white men know all about what Sterling is going through. Edit: that was a dig at Piers Morgan rather than you btw ;)

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1

Spurs away and Wolves away moved for TV. 12:30 on a Saturday and 20:00 on a Monday respectively. That's fucking rank, especially that Wolves change. Now it's 13 consecutive Monday night games of ours that have been away from home. So bad you have to laugh, man. :lol:

Edited by Haydnator

Sky showing their true colours again last night, the Forest fans were singing "Sky are fucking shit" very loudly so Sky then went & dubbed over that with some generic song singing. Shortly after on the pitch when a Forest player booted a Derby player up in the air there wasn't any crowd reaction at all due to Sky playing a fake crowd recording :lol: Shocking.

Edited by Anorthernsoul

1 hour ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Sky showing their true colours again last night, the Forest fans were singing "Sky are fucking shit" very loudly so Sky then went & dubbed over that with some generic song singing. Shortly after on the pitch when a Forest player booted a Derby player up in the air there wasn't any crowd reaction at all due to Sky playing a fake crowd recording :lol: Shocking.

I'm glad someone else noticed that :lol: Was wondering what they were singing and that makes sense. Sounded very similar to the fake crowd noise employed during Saturday evening ITV game shows

26 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I'm glad someone else noticed that :lol: Was wondering what they were singing and that makes sense. Sounded very similar to the fake crowd noise employed during Saturday evening ITV game shows

Not the first time Sky have done it, a bit Orwellian is it not?

8 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

A bit like the crowd noise on the mackem show being doctored. :)

Who the fuck do the bbc write their news for?

Do they honestly think that the majority of the football public are that bothered about Manchester Ufuckingnited?

The first 9 stories on their football home page, another 7 related over the rest of the page. What a bunch of blinkered twats.

• Like 3