Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Unfortunately being good at defense is fairly important for a left back. Yedlin has the pace to make up for any mistakes he makes. Manquillo doesnt (although he's far from slow.) He seems to be benefiting from some tactical coaching from Benitez though. Manquillo only made 1 mistake last night when he let his player drift past him near the touchline and seemed away with the fairies. Hopefully he's turned the corner now

Agree. In fact, as a coach, I considerate myself ultradefensive. The thing I want to say is that Manquillo looked like to have the skills to became in a Top Right Back and develop a good hability to defend to. But he made some mistakes in his decisions... 

4 minutes ago, Dougle said:

:lol: bless 'em, "immortality" winning the league with absolutely no competition over and over, brushing up against the odd elite player or team as they rinse you in europe every season.

Mediocrity had one go at the CL and got further than Celtic have with a free entry every year since 2004.

• Haha 4

15 minutes ago, Andrew said:

:lol: bless 'em, "immortality" winning the league with absolutely no competition over and over, brushing up against the odd elite player or team as they rinse you in europe every season.

Mediocrity had one go at the CL and got further than Celtic have with a free entry every year since 2004.

Is it Scotland they play in.... or Narnia?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ewerk said:

Scott Parker to take over as care taker. I’m sure @The Fish will be along any moment to tell us he was childhood friends with him.

Nope, he was a Jet, I was a shark. It was a forbidden love. 

5 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Ranieri has been sacked by Fulham. 

Thats them fucked :D

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47401305

Tough run in for them too. I expected them to do better after finishing last season in hot form and splashing a bit of cash. Unfortunately for them you can't leak goals like they have and expect to pickup points. No fortitude.

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

Looks like Beardsley has been quietly shuffled out the door. No word on the supposed investigation that was to be conducted.

Shame really, bullying has always played a part in coaching to some degree depending on the trainees. And who hasn't made a racist comment intended or not, or not even knowing it could be construed as being racist.  I remember my sister getting a nigger brown coat for Easter just after the war..................ooooh.

What a shame. He was a fantastic player but neither was I convinced of his coaching abilities nor his alleged behaviour. His allegiance with the current regime was questionable too.

Whenever I will think about him I will try to forget about the last two decades then.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Howay said:

I once met Jonas walking down dean street. We'd just qualified for Europe and I was talking to him about that and even though his lass was rabbeting on about wanting to be away he stayed for a picture. Proper friendly bloke, loved the club. 

He was wearing a bright purple, felt suit with loafers. 

What he didn't have in goals and assists he certainly made up in graft and bollocking players for not grafting.

• Like 5