Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

Woman’s football is much improved tbf. Some good players these days. Except the keepers. They’re still all shite. Strange how women seem incapable of mastering that position. I suppose it applies to trying to catch a ball full stop. 

Should just make the goals smaller. It’s not their fault that us strong, powerful men can grow to be 6 foot 6. 

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

Woman’s football is much improved tbf. Some good players these days. Except the keepers. They’re still all shite. Strange how women seem incapable of mastering that position. I suppose it applies to trying to catch a ball full stop. 

You're right. When ever I come across highlights of women's football, I look at the actions of the keepers, and they do seem to be hopeless. They're usually useless at taking goal kicks or kicking out of their hands. Strange, very strange. 

21 minutes ago, ewerk said:

He could never replace Jones or Smalling.

Oh how the mighty have fallen. 

You're right though he's a better option than them but the way the media keep discussing him it's like they're signing Van Dijk. 

He’s a good stopper, mad fee for him but I suppose he has a decent length of time on his deal and Manchester United are a bit of a disaster at CB since Bailly is injured all the time and Lindelof isn’t making the jump. The chuckle brothers just re-signed though so that’ll help them....

Maguire was shit last season, I've seen the 21 bus turn quicker and he gets found out against decent strikers on a constant basis. Christ, even Perez has had his life on a couple of occasions. Massively overrated, just like 50% of that England team that started against the Swiss.

On 6/5/2019 at 23:43, Dr Gloom said:

Except the keepers. They’re still all shite. Strange how women seem incapable of mastering that position. I suppose it applies to trying to catch a ball full stop. 

Aye, and England has to resort to using a California girl as No.1 keeper, and she is shite.

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

What was the name of the fucker who came on here and did exactly the same thing?..... loved to post a formation?....

Deano! 

:lol: What was Stevie’s bet again? 

My favourite Deano thread was the one where he asked everyone what they would say to the players if they were allowed in the changing room and he fired out with the most patronising, batshit patter you could ever think of. Including telling Mike Williamson that he should just pack it in and leave the club :lol: 

He thought Steve Kean was the second coming of Bob Paisley and bet me £50 for the SBR foundation that he'd keep Blackburn up while giving it the big 'un about how much money he was making in recruitment.

However, it turned out that Steve Kean was not the second coming of Bob Paisley.