Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

I don’t blame him but the whole thing is a complete joke, even down to Madrid kicking off because he initially wouldn’t walk away from the massive contract they agreed with him. 

You don’t blame him? He could walk into most Champion’s League squads but instead is going to waste the last few years of his prime in China. He’s already an incredibly wealthy man, it’s not like he needs the money.

Bale doesn't really give a shit about football, it's just his job as far as he's concerned. 

If someone came and offered me double my salary to do my job, but easier, somewhere else I'd certainly take it. 

Not one of us wouldn't, especially when the other option is to be paid less to work just as hard or harder. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Bale doesn't really give a shit about football, it's just his job as far as he's concerned. 

If someone came and offered me double my salary to do my job, but easier, somewhere else I'd certainly take it. 

Not one of us wouldn't, especially when the other option is to be paid less to work just as hard or harder. 

Yeah but say you were one of the world’s best guitarists and knew you could only play for a few more years. You’ve the choice of spending those few years selling out arenas around the world or playing small corporate gigs for a Chinese billionaire for more money, which do you choose?

Edited by ewerk

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

Yeah but say you were one of the world’s best guitarists and knew you could only play for a few more years. You’ve the choice of spending those few years selling out arenas around the world or playing small corporate gigs for a Chinese billionaire for more money, which do you choose?

Aye but that’s because I care about that, if I actually cared about playing golf then idgaf, Chinese billionaire seems fine and hey, he only wants me to play Oasis covers anyway so I don’t even have to work as hard at being a great guitarist anymore. Fantastic. 

You’re applying passion/emotion where there is none, Bale doesn’t care about football, he hasn’t for years.

2 hours ago, ewerk said:

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

Aye but that’s because I care about that, if I actually cared about playing golf then idgaf, Chinese billionaire seems fine and hey, he only wants me to play Oasis covers anyway so I don’t even have to work as hard at being a great guitarist anymore. Fantastic. 

You’re applying passion/emotion where there is none, Bale doesn’t care about football, he hasn’t for years.

Let's be honest, Andrew wwouldn't bother with either. Instead he'd end up pairing up with Eno to form the ultimate prog-ambient band, which would eventually lead to nothing other than the pair sitting around drinking their own piss in the search for that perfect sound.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, sammynb said:

Let's be honest, Andrew wwouldn't bother with either. Instead he'd end up pairing up with Eno to form the ultimate prog-ambient band, which would eventually lead to nothing other than the pair sitting around drinking their own piss in the search for that perfect sound.

Thats the equivalent of signing for us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Theres a mentality of it being a chance to "put things right" against a fenian club unfortunately - and pre-season always increases the fuckwit factor anyway.