Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

They have to have their feet on the line when the ball is kicked don’t they?

Also it’s pretty impossible to dive left or right without moving forwards at least a little bit, so whoever came up with that idea has never play in goal.

1 hour ago, strawb said:

They have to have their feet on the line when the ball is kicked don’t they?

Also it’s pretty impossible to dive left or right without moving forwards at least a little bit, so whoever came up with that idea has never play in goal.

It's easy to dive to the right or left without moving forward.Try it? Keepers want to move forward to narrow the angle .Unless they've changed the law,a keeper can move along the line before the ball has been kicked,which gives him momentum.

8 hours ago, strawb said:

Try it? I played in goal for Sheffield Wednesday, Sunderland, Hartlepool and Whitby town and had north of England trials as a teenager..

He played for the combined armed forces 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Aye the new hand ball rule is a crock of shit. I don’t understand why they have to keep changing everything :lol:, then anytime anyone questions a new rule all the zany cunts on Twitter leap down their throat about how it’s advancing the game, simply changing a rule isn’t advancing the game especially a one as shite as this new handball rule. 

The new handball rule was brought in because of VAR. They’ll change offside because of VAR too. VAR was brought in because Joe Bloggs sat at home with his sky subscription knew more about what had actually happened on the pitch than the ref, players  or any other fucker in the stadium. The tail wagging the dog. When goal line tech came in I said on here it wouldn’t be long before everything is refffed electronically like Cricket and was fuckin annihilated for doin so. 

When Andrew wakes up am sure I’ll be subjected to another informed and erudite verbal beasting from him about the glories of football matches bring decided not on the field of play but by faceless, shadowy figures in a truck sat in a car park in an anonymous London suburb. Not my game anymore. The YouTube/Instagram generation are welcome to it. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

The new handball rule was brought in because of VAR. They’ll change offside because of VAR too. VAR was brought in because Joe Bloggs sat at home with his sky subscription knew more about what had actually happened on the pitch than the ref, players  or any other fucker in the stadium. The tail wagging the dog. When goal line tech came in I said on here it wouldn’t be long before everything is refffed electronically like Cricket and was fuckin annihilated for doin so. 

When Andrew wakes up am sure I’ll be subjected to another informed and erudite verbal beasting from him about the glories of football matches bring decided not on the field of play but by faceless, shadowy figures in a truck sat in a car park in an anonymous London suburb. Not my game anymore. The YouTube/Instagram generation are welcome to it. 

Its 9pm

• Haha 2