Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

8 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Bale has done absolutely fuck all to try and integrate into Spain.  I heard him in an interview the other day and the first thing he said was 'at least they speak English'

An absolute joke.

Like virtually every British person living in Spain then

• Like 1

9 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Bale has done absolutely fuck all to try and integrate into Spain.  I heard him in an interview the other day and the first thing he said was 'at least they speak English'

An absolute joke.

Aye, apparently he fucks off all the team get togethers because they eat at 11pm and his body clock is still on UK time and he's in bed by then. It's taking the piss a bit after living there for 6 years 

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Aye, apparently he fucks off all the team get togethers because they eat at 11pm and his body clock is still on UK time and he's in bed by then. It's taking the piss a bit after living there for 6 years 

How do you spend that long in a country, working in a heavily team-focused job, and not integrate in the slightest? 

Baley No Mates? 

Bale speaks perfect Spanish, he just doesn't speak much in general and is quiet in the dressing room according to Alvaro Odriozola.

I also don't see whats particularly wrong about a top level pro athlete having a schedule and sticking to it, going to bed at 11pm isn't exactly outrageous, Toni Kroos didn't go to that dinner either.

I honestly don't get the hate here, people just regurgitating sun level "outrage" about a bloke. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ewerk said:

I hear he’s a big fan of the full English and pint for €2 in the Red Lion though.

Probably orders the shepherds pie or a roast on Sundays - perfect in that climate 

50 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Bale speaks perfect Spanish, he just doesn't speak much in general and is quiet in the dressing room according to Alvaro Odriozola.

I also don't see whats particularly wrong about a top level pro athlete having a schedule and sticking to it, going to bed at 11pm isn't exactly outrageous, Toni Kroos didn't go to that dinner either.

I honestly don't get the hate here, people just regurgitating sun level "outrage" about a bloke. 

I agree and just want to add to this that since the club that is losing out here is Real Madrid, they deserve it. Whatever he's doing, however disrespectful it is, they deserve it.

• Like 1