Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

12 hours ago, ewerk said:

But it’s not unfair. All teams are playing under the same circumstances.

No they aren't.

Villa have played fewer games than the teams above them for a start. 1 win and they leapfrog three teams into safety.

https://ibb.co/FgC1RdT[/img]

That run in is not the same for each team. Not least because Villa have played fewer games than the teams above them. Managers would have identified games to target for 3 points in that run, had they known the season would be without those games, they would have approached the season differently, wouldn't they?

Personally, I say void the season.

Edited by The Fish

8 minutes ago, The Fish said:

That run in is not the same for each team. Not least because Villa have played fewer games than the teams above them. Managers would have identified games to target for 3 points in that run, had they known the season would be without those games, they would have approached the season differently, wouldn't they?

Personally, I say void the season.

Villa have played ONE game less than the others, probably due to their cup run. These are unprecedented times, you can't say 'well it's not perfect so we're not playing'. What about next season behind closed doors? Are we going to hear some teams complaining that their fans are the loudest in the league so it's putting them at a disadvantage to play without them?

Basically I'm telling you to dry your fucking eyes, Mr. Sporting Integrity.

31 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Villa have played ONE game less than the others, probably due to their cup run. These are unprecedented times, you can't say 'well it's not perfect so we're not playing'. What about next season behind closed doors? Are we going to hear some teams complaining that their fans are the loudest in the league so it's putting them at a disadvantage to play without them?

Basically I'm telling you to dry your fucking eyes, Mr. Sporting Integrity.

:lol:

It's not about perfection, there is no perfect solution. It's what solution is most fair and relegating a side when they've not played a full season and are on the same number of points as another team is not fair. 

Their lawyers would have a field day.

Void this season and it's fair to everyone. Nobody is promoted, nobody relegated. Plus, Liverpool are denied the title, Leeds miss out on promotion again, mackems guaranteed to spend a 3rd season in the 3rd tier of English football. Win fucking win.

7 minutes ago, The Fish said:

It's not about perfection, there is no perfect solution. It's what solution is most fair and relegating a side when they've not played a full season and are on the same number of points as another team is not fair. 

And that's why we PLAY THE SEASON OUT AT NEUTRAL VENUES!

I'm glad we finally agree.

South Shields were on about taking legal action after their season was made void. I mean hopefully they saw sense and realised how bad they would look given the bigger picture but I think at the higher level lawyers would probably be trying to get their teeth into any of the outcomes. 

6 minutes ago, ewerk said:

And that's why we PLAY THE SEASON OUT AT NEUTRAL VENUES!

I'm glad we finally agree.

Is the proposal to play at neutral venues purely to reduce the risk of home fans turning up to the ground? 

I've been operating under the assumption that that suggestion would be resisted by the players, staff and everyone else who'd need to be involved.

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

Is the proposal to play at neutral venues purely to reduce the risk of home fans turning up to the ground? 

I've been operating under the assumption that that suggestion would be resisted by the players, staff and everyone else who'd need to be involved.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Well that's what they're saying the reason is. Half the clubs support the idea and of course anyone at risk of relegation is against it purely for their own reasons.

My plan would be to base every club in the North West for a month, pick ten grounds up there and isolate the players for a month and finish the season playing twice a week.

39 minutes ago, Alex said:

South Shields were on about taking legal action after their season was made void. I mean hopefully they saw sense and realised how bad they would look given the bigger picture but I think at the higher level lawyers would probably be trying to get their teeth into any of the outcomes. 

They 100% would, especially at the higher levels as you say. Any outcome other than playing the games at the intended venues at some point will see legal challenges.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Well that's what they're saying the reason is. Half the clubs support the idea and of course anyone at risk of relegation is against it purely for their own reasons.

My plan would be to base every club in the North West for a month, pick ten grounds up there and isolate the players for a month and finish the season playing twice a week.

How'd you stop morons turning up at Anfield/Old Trafford in their droves?

Play the games in China.

2 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Play the games in China.

The point is that teams wouldn't be playing in their home cities so that risk would be reduced. Let Liverpool play in Wigan and Blackburn to discourage the scousers from attending. Let Man United play their games in Manchester to discourage the home counties cunts from attending.

• Haha 5

24 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

They 100% would, especially at the higher levels as you say. Any outcome other than playing the games at the intended venues at some point will see legal challenges.

Force majeure.

Look at me getting all fancy.

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

The point is that teams wouldn't be playing in their home cities so that risk would be reduced. Let Liverpool play in Wigan and Blackburn to discourage the scousers from attending. Let Man United play their games in Manchester to discourage the home counties cunts from attending.

tenor.gif

2 hours ago, The Fish said:

Play the games in China.

There is a story doing the rounds with the sports journalists here that a UK based agent is trying to get them to consider Perth (Western Australia not Scotland) as it's far away and has a low infection rate.

Crazy idea but if you played the games at 10pm Perth time that would be a GMT 3pm kick-off so Ewerk can have his match day experience.

It's not going to happen.

It was unbelieve Atletico fans could be at Anfield when in Madrid there was lockdown and we only have permission to go shopping (food and necessary items). 

Anyway, It was a fault of every country and every League that waited until the end. Premier League wanted to keep playing  until Artetas positive.

If you have to destroy one season... The best would be destroy the next season. 

Try to play 10/20 when you can (septembre-october for example), Holydays and preseason in novembcer-december and Start a new season with only 19 matches per team (One leg) like happened in Argentina. Yes. This is a shit, but is the only why to be right with all the teams in this season... Places to Europe, Relegations, Promotions, etc.

We have to adapt us to this circunstances because is a situacion like a War. 

• Like 1