Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

8 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I’d piss myself laughing if The Fat Cunt bought them ( assuming we are sold next Friday ;) ) 

What??? Next Friday???  I had it on very good authority it was this Friday!!! :unsure:

The owner of Wigan, a Hong Kong based poker player/gambler is actively trying to get them relegated in order to clean up on a bet - and so has placed them into administration to ensure they get a 12 point penalty and therefore relegation (he bet they would go down). It's staggering.

Edited by Rayvin

:lol: So they’re writing off a £45m purchase in order to avoid paying out on a bet? I know the Asians like they’re gambling but who is betting millions on Wigan getting relegated from the Championship?

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

:lol: So they’re writing off a £45m purchase in order to avoid paying out on a bet? I know the Asians like they’re gambling but who is betting millions on Wigan getting relegated from the Championship?

I read it more as they've put a bet on themselves to get relegated (a bet with their shirt sponsor no less) and are trying to ensure it happens.

9 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Yes but it’s not particularly realistic for anyone to accept a bet that size on that sort of market.

Unless you're in cahoots with the betting agent, apparently. I'm not saying this is a sensible move other than for them to be as ballsy as they have, I would imagine they're making a killing somehow. Maybe loads of Phillipine gamblers bet they would stay up and the total value of transactions makes this one bet going the other way safe for the betting agency and a reward for the owners?

• 2 weeks later...