Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

1 hour ago, Tom said:

£40k a year in London isn’t great like. 
(Edit - for dressing up as a dinosaur it is)

it's pretty decent for 90 minutes work every couple of weeks 

8 hours ago, Polarboy said:

Am I missing something, or is it actually popular opinion that Joelinton has looked like a good player in the last few games. I keep seeing articles saying he's much improved and currently one of our best performing players. As far as I'm concerned the only reason he looks marginally better in his withdrawn number 10, or out wide role, is because he's no longer in a position to balls up as many clear chances. Maybe my bias has prevented me from seeing the improvement.

I agree with the bit about marginally better due to his position.  Still will never excuse spending an alleged £40m for a number 9 who can't score goals.  We could probably have got at least 3 players for that money who could do what he is doing now.

13 hours ago, Polarboy said:

Am I missing something, or is it actually popular opinion that Joelinton has looked like a good player in the last few games. I keep seeing articles saying he's much improved and currently one of our best performing players. As far as I'm concerned the only reason he looks marginally better in his withdrawn number 10, or out wide role, is because he's no longer in a position to balls up as many clear chances. Maybe my bias has prevented me from seeing the improvement.

Still gash, just no longer the focal point of the attack. Journalists spout absolute shite on the whole 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

A good performance where he continually picked the wrong pass, was constantly on his heels and was involved in none of the goals. What an improvement.

Oh,come on.He now controls the odd ball,and then lays if off to a teammate within 10 yards,either sideways or back.I’m not saying we’d get our money back if we sold him mind.

I spotted a headline by ex-Ronny journalist, Chris Waugh, raving about him after the Burnley game and almost rang his editor asking to check up on him and suggest a drugs test? That Wilson chance where he rounds the keeper, goes too wide then looks for a player while the keeper is stranded sums Joelinton up as he lackadaisically half jogs, stops, then too late makes a run and is intercepted when Wilson makes the pass. No urgency, no vision, no feint off the defender, fuck all. I don't hate the kid, he's just super average and even if he's not a striker, an attacking midfielder would've saw his chance and tried to take advantage. I honestly don't know what he's supposed to be in the side as the best game I've saw him play recently was Spurs away and that's only because he ran around a lot and tried to keep possession when we barely touched the ball. :lol:

• Like 2

Joselu looked ok at first even if he rarely looked scoring but was shorn of confidence by the time he left. Even bearing that in mind he looked a better player than Joelinton. Not even the latter made Rivière look good however 

30 minutes ago, Alex said:

Joselu looked ok at first even if he rarely looked scoring but was shorn of confidence by the time he left. Even bearing that in mind he looked a better player than Joelinton. Not even the latter made Rivière look good however 

they were all shit but i don't think any of them are as bad as joelinton. though maybe that's just because he's the one we're stuck with now and i can't bear to watch the cunt anymore 

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

they were all shit but i don't think any of them are as bad as joelinton. though maybe that's just because he's the one we're stuck with now and i can't bear to watch the cunt anymore 

I suppose it’s hard to judge because they’ve only persevered with Joelinton so long because of the price tag

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

CT will be on in a minute to tell you that's not the order they were signed in.:D

Glad to see your time spent with Crawford and Hamish is paying off, KCG. :good:

:lol:  ;)

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, ewerk said:

:lol: Six wins from six in qualifying but one draw again Andorra and suddenly its #jobsfortheboys

Boothroyd has oversaw some fucking terrible results in his time in charge. In particular, a disastrous U21s tournament and has some baffling team selections, wedging players into his shitty formation. He’s saved by having a genuinely ridiculous selection of young talent to pick from. The England U21s could be a decent Premier League team tbh.