No tiptoeing across the manky Fulwell.

His name was Essembee

His light shines on

The taking of the Fulwell

Was strong in this one.

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

They liked him, they loved him, they regarded him as one of the people. He was the People's Taker of the Fulwell and that is how he will stay, how he will remain in our hearts and our memories for ever.

• Haha 6

21 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

His name was Essembee

Tonight he sleeps well

He wasn't asleep in 1970

No tiptoeing across the manky Fulwell.

His name was Essembee

His light shines on

The taking of the Fulwell

Was strong in this one.

outstanding. I've no doubt there's a barrel of sherry winging its way to you as we speak.

:)

25 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

outstanding. I've no doubt there's a barrel of sherry winging its way to you as we speak.

:)

I wonder if the Ronny Gill's poetry corner will print it? (It's what he would've wanted).

3 hours ago, Meenzer said:

They liked him, they loved him, they regarded him as one of the people. He was the People's Taker of the Fulwell and that is how he will stay, how he will remain in our hearts and our memories for ever.

:lol:

This thread will become a shrine, and punks and skins and rastas and gormless cunts will all gather round and hold their hands in sorrow for their fallen leader. 

And all the grown-ups will say: "But why are the kids crying?" 

And the kids will say: "Haven't you heard? Essembee is dead! The Fulwell's Poet is dead!”

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

:lol:

This thread will become a shrine, and punks and skins and rastas and gormless cunts will all gather round and hold their hands in sorrow for their fallen leader. 

And all the grown-ups will say: "But why are the kids crying?" 

And the kids will say: "Haven't you heard? Essembee is dead! The Fulwell's Poet is dead!”

Then that Mackem kid with the dodgy barnet will turn up and shit himself again.

• Haha 4

Looks like the EFL clubs will accept the bribe and 14 votes from the premier league wont be a problem, just wait for the negative stories about clubs going into administration over the next few weeks.

The narrative will turn from a choice to a necessity before Christmas 

• Like 1

The play here would be the rest of the PL teams to propose the same funding deal but without all the bullshit handing all the power to the select group, then they all vote on it with the note that if these clubs really do care to help the lower sides they should jump at the chance. If this deal goes through football is dead tbh. 

• Like 2

I can't see the current deal getting 14 votes, considering that its not even good for all 9 of the "long term shareholders" given that its entirely possible for at least two of them to go down with a poor season at the moment and immediately lose the marginal benefit of that membership considering that their "no" would mean fuck all if the "big 6" wanted something.

It's absolutely not going through.

• Like 3

When version 2 of the proposal comes out (which was probably the real version anyway) it will be a lot more palatable to more clubs, the obvious end game here is to put more money and power in the hands of the big six.

6 hours ago, Andrew said:

It's absolutely not going through.

Andrew has Covid taught you nothing about humanities lack of self awareness or preservation when it comes to the mighty dollar?

It's nailed on to happen because people are fucking stupid.

16 minutes ago, sammynb said:

Andrew has Covid taught you nothing about humanities lack of self awareness or preservation when it comes to the mighty dollar?

It's nailed on to happen because people are fucking stupid.

Oh absolutely.

And the fact is its only good for 6 of the 20 voting clubs bottom lines. 

Why would anyone who isn't one of those 6 clubs vote for this in their own self interests?

56 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Oh absolutely.

And the fact is its only good for 6 of the 20 voting clubs bottom lines. 

Why would anyone who isn't one of those 6 clubs vote for this in their own self interests?

How the fuck do the families of Covid 19 deaths still support Trump?

Because they think he is going to earn them a dollar/maga!

The world has gone crazy and I don't think football club owners are exempt from that stupidity - MA being our closest case in point.

8 hours ago, Carl said:

Looks like the EFL clubs will accept the bribe and 14 votes from the premier league wont be a problem, just wait for the negative stories about clubs going into administration over the next few weeks.

The narrative will turn from a choice to a necessity before Christmas 

Not every EFL club

57 minutes ago, sammynb said:

How the fuck do the families of Covid 19 deaths still support Trump?

Because they think he is going to earn them a dollar/maga!

The world has gone crazy and I don't think football club owners are exempt from that stupidity - MA being our closest case in point.

Because they're impressionable and their echo chambers reinforce that point constantly.

How likely is Mike Ashley to vote through a deal that would make it perfectly acceptable for a handful of other people to tell him that he can't sell the club if the Saudis come back in? 

It happened already and hes suing the league for it.

The rich make themselves richer, always, and you're talking about 14+ millionaires and billionaires willingly giving up power, influence and money for...literally no benefit.

29 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Because they're impressionable and their echo chambers reinforce that point constantly.

How likely is Mike Ashley to vote through a deal that would make it perfectly acceptable for a handful of other people to tell him that he can't sell the club if the Saudis come back in? 

The rich make themselves richer, always, and you're talking about 14+ millionaires and billionaires willingly giving up power, influence and money for...literally no benefit.

If I were Ashley I'd make my signature conditional on the Saudi takeover going through.

48 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Hope you are right.

Btw I don't think Ashley is suing anyone now, I think he's been told to pull his head in otherwise they will never approve any potential buyer, hence why it is all very quiet now, especially when you consider all involved with football are crying poor and yet no one is willing to stand up and support the SA purchase (who would no doubt poor money into English football if they were let in).

6 minutes ago, sammynb said:

Hope you are right.

Btw I don't think Ashley is suing anyone now, I think he's been told to pull his head in otherwise they will never approve any potential buyer, hence why it is all very quiet now, especially when you consider all involved with football are crying poor and yet no one is willing to stand up and support the SA purchase (who would no doubt poor money into English football if they were let in).

Well he is famous for doing what he's told.