Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

So it looks like the £250 million for the EFL will be taken out of any future payments of TV money and  individual clubs will be able to negotiate and keep TV money for their own games, the overall TV contract with Sky BT Amazon BBC will be a lot smaller (so the EFL will get a much bigger share of a vastly smaller pot) and the top 6 will rake it in with their own TV deals 

The mackems were for it apparently - horrible twisting would ensue:

"We're a massive club and should be in the top six" 

"But we need the money" 

"But we're a massive club....." 

"But we need the money...." 

Etc., etc. until they explode. 

• Like 1

I understand certain clubs voting for it if you have no real hope / intention of reaching the PL, as you’re simply looking through the lens of short term liquidity so you’re not going to give a fuck about how it shafts anyone from competing in the PL.

Seems like that is the real mindset of the mackem ownership then. 

Well I don’t think the EFL clubs got a vote. 

If they did I expect it would be fairly unanimous as the question is in essence “would you like some free money?”

It wouldn’t have clubs behaving any more responsibly anyway, they’d just carry on going for broke trying to reach the premier league.

2 hours ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

Knowing how deluded they are on Tearside ,I wouldn’t be surprised to hear that Donny had actually contact the ‘big 6 ‘ to question why they weren’t asked to be the 7th club in a ‘big 7 ‘,in readiness for a double promotion .

Rejoice! Rejoice! 

He is resurrected! He is risen! 

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Carl said:

First draft rejected

Despite the humbling nature of the meeting, the architects of Project Big Picture remain confident that events are now moving in the way they want. Sources close to John W Henry said that none of the ideas contained with PBP have been dismissed. “We put forward proposals and they’re now being considered,” they said.

Masters said the meeting had been “candid, constructive” and “positive” in its outcome. “There’s been a lot of speculation over the last four days”, he said, “but I don’t think it’s irreparably damaged the Premier League.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/oct/14/premier-league-efl-bailout-project-big-picture