Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

Tuned in to see what the score was in the Tottenham vs Brighton match earlier. Within 20 seconds of turning it on both Son and Kane had dived within the box trying to get penalties. Both were reviewed and dismissed by the VAR correctly as neither were even approaching fouls. Annoying that they have no power to confirm and issue yellow cards for diving/simulation when they're already reviewing the same play. There's no meaningful attempt to stamp that kind of rubbish out of the game and if it resulted in any sort of incidental contact that happened to coincide with when they dramatically fell to the ground the VAR would have been only too eager to give the penalty. It's all reward and no risk for attacking players.

1 hour ago, OTF said:

Tuned in to see what the score was in the Tottenham vs Brighton match earlier. Within 20 seconds of turning it on both Son and Kane had dived within the box trying to get penalties. Both were reviewed and dismissed by the VAR correctly as neither were even approaching fouls. Annoying that they have no power to confirm and issue yellow cards for diving/simulation when they're already reviewing the same play. There's no meaningful attempt to stamp that kind of rubbish out of the game and if it resulted in any sort of incidental contact that happened to coincide with when they dramatically fell to the ground the VAR would have been only too eager to give the penalty. It's all reward and no risk for attacking players.

We saw Sala and Belerin (Pogba) both barely touched and dived to win a penalty. Englands captain engineer a penalty. VAR is fucking useless. 

13 minutes ago, Ugly Mackems said:

We saw Sala and Belerin (Pogba) both barely touched and dived to win a penalty. Englands captain engineer a penalty. VAR is fucking useless. 

Ooof I think thats a bit harsh.

• Haha 4

I see Wraith is getting his arse handed to him on twitter :lol: 

Apparently only stood for the Conservatives to “Stop UKIP”. Then has his picture taken with Tommy Robinson. 

What a charlatan.

• Haha 4

Also, Bellingham has been called up to England with Ward-Prowse dropping out with injury. Shame to lose W-P in the form he’s in but I’d like to hear how Bellingham is a better option for games against Belgium and Iceland than Barkley would be. He’s got the bit between his teeth and Villa and has already linked well with Grealish.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Hopefully it’s the end of him but he’ll know well enough to just plough on and wait for it to go away.

Lots of fuss over this one too

The bloke Is just so shameless man. He only sees the fans as something to exploit. 

Also “ladies night” man :lol: 

• Haha 1

I’m sure the attention-seeking boilers he gets on Ladies Night are rushing up to distance themselves from them. Anything for internet “fame” and validation from a bunch of lonely old sad-acts

Not that they’re as bad as Wraith, of course

Edited by Ayatollah Hermione

One of them was a Arsenal fan most of her life and she’s never been to the ground :lol: 

It is sad, like the weekly ITK YouTube with the dentist and that other lad. (The other lad is canny as owt, Steve I think)

Oh yeh the exact thing Wraith is complaining about be done to him he did to Luke Edwards numerous times in the summer.

Told him to fuck off and report elsewhere.

Sadly it seems it was Edwards who was right about the takeover...

11 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Also, Bellingham has been called up to England with Ward-Prowse dropping out with injury. Shame to lose W-P in the form he’s in but I’d like to hear how Bellingham is a better option for games against Belgium and Iceland than Barkley would be. He’s got the bit between his teeth and Villa and has already linked well with Grealish.

Had to Google Bellingham - and had to include "football" to find him - still didn't really enlighten me :unsure: