Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

13 hours ago, Rayvin said:

At the risk of sounding like a snowflake, it should stop for everyone who is only doing it for show, but continue for those who feel strongly about it?

Don't think it makes you sound like a snowflake. I think the unity of this approach was part of the appeal - ie. Everyone doing it together regardless of your background or experiences. Of course certain people will feel more strongly about issues that may have affected them or those around them directly but if it's only those in that position it will become divisive more than inclusive. Even if some knackers are only doing it for show, better that than open up the potential for more ire and outrage over who is or isn't participating.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, OTF said:

Don't think it makes you sound like a snowflake. I think the unity of this approach was part of the appeal - ie. Everyone doing it together regardless of your background or experiences. Of course certain people will feel more strongly about issues that may have affected them or those around them directly but if it's only those in that position it will become divisive more than inclusive. Even if some knackers are only doing it for show, better that than open up the potential for more ire and outrage over who is or isn't participating.

You're right and I needlessly hedged my view. I agree. It's unsettling to see people equate it with cultural marxism and all that Frankfurt School stuff though and I'm starting to wonder if something more is needed to reach people like Millwall's fanbase who apparently think this is all some kind of conspiracy and that the only people who think their booing of it is racist are "uneducated".

I was reading through a Millwall forum on it and I don't think I saw a single post calling out their fans. It was split between people (the majority) decrying BLM, and the rest who simply didn't want the media scrutiny on the club and wished it hadn't happened as a result. It seems to have become a message that has been poisoned by the thought leaders on the reactionary right - which, more than anything else, is just sad.

But equally, maybe that's why it needs to continue.

Aubamayang has completely given up after getting his bumper contract, Willian has flopped and the rest of the team is one-paced shite like Xhaka or young players that are probably going to be good but aren’t there yet like Saka. They can’t create chances but refuse to give Ozil another shot and then Arteta is a young manager and seems a bit naive at this point, bordering on suicidal with the way he had them set up against Spurs. So, essentially, they’re just a bit shit after years of poor transfer judgement and are banking on Arteta eventually coming good.

• Like 3

One of them was in a documentary about aliens on the BBC. Burnsie :lol:

Hes an absolute fucking fruit loop.

Once said he was going to send someone to my door because of and I quote “jenga lies”

• Haha 2