Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

This new concussion rule.Does a player still have to wait 7 days before being able to play again if he sustains a head injury deemed to be concussion? I’m wondering if there will be a huge increase in head ‘injuries’ after all subs have been used.If a player goes off with suspected concussion,but is then diagnosed as not having concussion,he’ll then be able to play in the next game.

8 hours ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

This new concussion rule.Does a player still have to wait 7 days before being able to play again if he sustains a head injury deemed to be concussion? I’m wondering if there will be a huge increase in head ‘injuries’ after all subs have been used.If a player goes off with suspected concussion,but is then diagnosed as not having concussion,he’ll then be able to play in the next game.

Sensibly, if a player is deemed to be sufficiently "concussed" to be substituted, that should be him out for 7 days, to avoid the scenario you raise.  Of course, the rules will change for the big 4 5 6 7 (or whatever it is now).  

On 17/12/2020 at 02:34, RobinRobin said:

Sensibly, if a player is deemed to be sufficiently "concussed" to be substituted, that should be him out for 7 days, to avoid the scenario you raise.  Of course, the rules will change for the big 4 5 6 7 (or whatever it is now).  

On 17/12/2020 at 02:34, RobinRobin said:

When a player goes down with a head injury and the ‘physio’ runs on to attend the player,is he qualified to say the player has concussion or does the club doctor check him over in the dressing room and then the doctor makes the decision. Teams with strong benches will be looking at ways of bending the rules,or changing the rules,as you say.If a player comes of with a head injury,a sub could go on,and the club doctor in the dressing room could decide that he hasn’t suffered condition.

8 minutes ago, Sonatine said:

I hope there's not a picture of a Liverpool keeper getting his bottle(s) after seeing the reaction that Messi never voted for any of their players in the balloon door thingy. :lol:

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I hope there's not a picture of a Liverpool keeper getting his bottle(s) after seeing the reaction that Messi never voted for any of their players in the balloon door thingy. :lol:

He drowned his sorrows at his dear old ma's house ;)

Drunken Mess - Picture

• Haha 4

23 minutes ago, sammynb said:

Looks like we will get to see how average Pochettino is as he squaunders dirty oil money :wink2: trying to win the next level up from the SPL.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/dec/24/paris-saint-germain-psg-thomas-tuchel-mauricio-pochettino

I always thought The Championship was the next level up from the SPL.

• Haha 1