Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

7 hours ago, RobinRobin said:

Still got a couple of games against us, haven't they?  That'll get them to 8.  Nearly there :nufc:

This post prompted me to look at the table for the first time in weeks. 

I didn't realise how tight it is in the top half. Would have been a good season to be up there. 

On 30/12/2020 at 13:47, PaddockLad said:

Some scary parallels with other disasters.. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/extra/B0cJMZS3B1/Fiveboys

I read that piece the other day. The alteration to the design which made it more dangerous with the concrete reinforced fencing on either side beggars belief. As does the fact Hillsborough was allowed to happen nearly 20 years later. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

They’re talking about Fat Ronaldo, as opposed to  Definitely Straight Ronaldo here. 

Presumably before the World  Cup Final? 

Yeah its got to be around then...some brilliant players there....Frank LaBeouf too...

• Haha 2

On 02/01/2021 at 13:12, PaddockLad said:

Yeah its got to be around then...some brilliant players there....Frank LaBeouf too...

Anglomar (who I don’t even think made the squad) and Candela were class fullbacks but they couldn’t get a look in when Thuram and Lizararu were fit. 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Anglomar (who I don’t even think made the squad) and Candela were class fullbacks but they could get a look in when Thuram and Lizararu were fit. 

Anglomar who Stuart Pearce assaulted leading to Boli sticking the nut on him in 92...

• Haha 1

Maddison likes to go down easy,as does Vardy.One takes the pens and the other takes most of the free kicks around the edge of the box.
NUFC 0 v 2 Leicester.

Vardy pen

Maddison free kick

Brucey to blame coronavirus and busy festive fixture list.