Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

10 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

As you say, not remotely surprising, but FIFA have considerable blood on their hands and getting rid of Blatter does not make the "gift" of the World Cup to Qatar acceptable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Meenzer said:

Relegation play-off at Fulham and there might be home fans in? This is blatantly happening, isn't it? :lol:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/feb/23/premier-league-vote-fans-allowed-final-game

Liam Kennedy was saying that they might rearrange the previous match to Sheffield Utd at St James so that it happens after the lockdowns are eased. So in that case at least we'd have one home game with a crowd of ten thousand. Lets just pray that we don't have to rely on the final two, let alone final game of the season to stay up.  The next three gameweeks should be crucial. If we can't pick up more points than Fulham with matches against Wolves (h), West Brom (a), and Aston Villa (h), when they play Spurs (h), Liverpool (a), Man City (h), then we really deserve to be in the shit.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Polarboy said:

Liam Kennedy was saying that they might rearrange the previous match to Sheffield Utd at St James so that it happens after the lockdowns are eased. So in that case at least we'd have one home game with a crowd of ten thousand. Lets just pray that we don't have to rely on the final two, let alone final game of the season to stay up.  The next three gameweeks should be crucial. If we can't pick up more points than Fulham with matches against Wolves (h), West Brom (a), and Aston Villa (h), when they play Spurs (h), Liverpool (a), Man City (h), then we really deserve to be in the shit.

Brucey says ‘we are where we are’ that’s in the shit already looking at the table.Too many shysters in the team.Nee interest,nee fight,in the comfort zone.

12 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

So, just as we finally get out of lockdown and get on top of the virus, we throw the doors open and invite Europe to come and infect us again? ;)

I thought Brexit was supposed to sort that sort of thing out.

When i first started to go to games in the 80s it was Roeder and Peter Jackson  both in the team as centre backs, he was a top defender , good manager and by all accounts a  decent man.  RIP Glenn and thanks for all you did for NUFC.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, john said:

When i first started to go to games in the 80s it was Roeder and Peter Jackson  both in the team as centre backs, he was a top defender , good manager and by all accounts a  decent man.  RIP Glenn and thanks for all you did for NUFC.

Peter Jackson is one of the better centre half’s I’ve seen play for us.Always up for the fight,and a fight.Bradford City fire hero.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, john said:

I’ve read somewhere of an ‘incident’ between Kevin ‘hard man’ Ball and Roeder during a youth game at sunlun.Cannot remember the details but Ball said something disgusting/ disgraceful to Roeder.