Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

5 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Less vigorously, but I'm still confident. Might come closer than I expected after that shock win against Liverpool, but they've a tougher run in than us and by the time we face them (and Sheffield) we should have Wilson, ASM and Almiron back. I don't expect them to be >6pts clear of us going into the final 2 games and if they are then Brighton or Burnley will be below them and in the mix as well. 

Brighton are below us in the league and have West Ham, Man City and Arsenal as their final 3 games.

so you're counting on us winning our final couple of games? 

5 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Brighton have been extremely unlucky and aren't playing badly. We are shit.

Brighton have been unlucky, but haven't scored their good chances. They've just lost Lamptey, so all is not rosy on the south coast. They don't have their goal-scorer or best two attackeing midfielder to come back from injury, we do.

Just now, The Fish said:

Brighton have been unlucky, but haven't scored their good chances. They've just lost Lamptey, so all is not rosy on the south coast. They don't have their goal-scorer or best two attackeing midfielder to come back from injury, we do.

i was under the impression that those three would be out for the majority of the rest of the season

6 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

so you're counting on us winning our final couple of games? 

No, I'm expecting that, even though we're shit under Bruce, we'll still have enough to survive this season, plus we have two games at the end of the season to make the final picture look a little better.

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i was under the impression that those three would be out for the majority of the rest of the season

Physio room has them all penciled in for 3/4/21. So, after the Brighton game. So, 9 games left in the season.

Very soon Brucey will put Lewis back in defence.Very soon he’ll drop Clark,our best central defender.Uselss Joe will be found a position,however shit he continues to be.It’s a 3 horse race and even with a full team,I’d expect both Fulham and Brighton to finish above us with Brucey In charge.

If them three were back by that point we would definitely have a chance of staying up.  If it's not us I fancy Brighton to go down.  I've looked at their run in and I don't see them picking up many points at all.  I know they look ok but they just keep getting beat.  If they hit that bottom three I think they'll struggle to get out of it.

But if we continue much longer with the available squad we currently have, I can't see us scoring let alone winning games.

• Like 1

Still don't understand why, so often Carroll comes on the pitch to replace one of the wingers who should be supplying the crosses for his big heed?

53 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Erling Haaland is some boy mind. 20 years old and he's scored 73 goals in 68 games since last season

That just proves that joelinton has more potential and therefore upside 

#fatmikelogic

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Between his complete inability to get the best out of anyone, the fact Eric Dier will start every game and Grealish will definitely only get 10 minutes here and there, the Euros are going to break me. Especially after a full season of Bruce.

:lol: Aye, trusting this very talented crop of players to Gareth fucking Southgate is just tragic. 

• Like 1

You know how things are going with the PL when you genuinely haven't heard of people getting picked for the national squad. I watch us because you can't not, the rest of the games now are neither here nor there and ingurland have left me cold since at least 1998. :lol:

• Like 3