Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

1 minute ago, Diego21 said:

In my opinion, He want diferent style of players for different situations. Kane is the starter and Calvert-Lewin was amazing in the past international matches when Southgate gave him some minutes... OK. Bamford and Wilson are two strikers more stronger in the box... And Watkins maybe os better in running game and in football more direct. Bamford ys very good in the combinative play... But Kane is similar and better. I am not saying Watking was better, just is different (anyway, I think he will be one of the dismiss. For example, I don't understand how is possible not to be Danny Ings between 33 players.

With the Right backs... Totally agree with you. But I think Reece James (or Trippier) will be out. Trent Alexander is out of form and even he is injured today, so if he is not OK he will be the dismiss. And I guess Trippier will be selected because he have playes in both sides. And Walker can play as CB in case you need to play with 3 in the back. 

Diego knows more about the England set up than I do, apparently :lol: 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Diego knows more about the England set up than I do, apparently :lol: 

Hahahahaha I don't know anything better than anyone 😂

But in this kind of tournaments, shorts, you have to be ready for differents context you can find. The National Team has an idea and style of play... Is complicated for players playing in teams with a different style. specially if they have never been called before because you don't know how they could fit with the team.

Probably the XI will be some like 4-2-3-1 with: Goalkeper; TAA, Maguire, Stones, Shaw; Rice, Henderson, Mount, Foden, Sterling; Kane. You need in the bench similar players for your 5-6 key players. Because the startes could be out for some reasons (injured, Covid, Booked). So... For Mount or Foden you have Grealish, for Kane you have DCL, for Rice you have Kalvin and for the righ and left back you have Trippier, Walker and Chilwell. 

But you need 3-4 players that can play in different positions and players can give you some different things. In the first.. You have Walker and Trippier. Rashford too. In the second, you have a man like Sancho that let you open de field, you have a unpredictable player as LIngaard and you have a midfielder more agressive and more box to box than Bellingham. 

I think, in this tournament we will see so many national teams changing his 'scheme' from 4-3-3 to 3-5-2 or similar. There are a lot of team can do it and there are a lot of team have tried in previous games.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Diego21 said:

Hahahahaha I don't know anything better than anyone 😂

But in this kind of tournaments, shorts, you have to be ready for differents context you can find. The National Team has an idea and style of play... Is complicated for players playing in teams with a different style. specially if they have never been called before because you don't know how they could fit with the team.

Probably the XI will be some like 4-2-3-1 with: Goalkeper; TAA, Maguire, Stones, Shaw; Rice, Henderson, Mount, Foden, Sterling; Kane. You need in the bench similar players for your 5-6 key players. Because the startes could be out for some reasons (injured, Covid, Booked). So... For Mount or Foden you have Grealish, for Kane you have DCL, for Rice you have Kalvin and for the righ and left back you have Trippier, Walker and Chilwell. 

But you need 3-4 players that can play in different positions and players can give you some different things. In the first.. You have Walker and Trippier. Rashford too. In the second, you have a man like Sancho that let you open de field, you have a unpredictable player as LIngaard and you have a midfielder more agressive and more box to box than Bellingham. 

I think, in this tournament we will see so many national teams changing his 'scheme' from 4-3-3 to 3-5-2 or similar. There are a lot of team can do it and there are a lot of team have tried in previous games.  

what rayvin said :lol:

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Diego21 said:

In my opinion, He want diferent style of players for different situations. Kane is the starter and Calvert-Lewin was amazing in the past international matches when Southgate gave him some minutes... OK. Bamford and Wilson are two strikers more stronger in the box... And Watkins maybe os better in running game and in football more direct. Bamford ys very good in the combinative play... But Kane is similar and better. I am not saying Watking was better, just is different (anyway, I think he will be one of the dismiss. For example, I don't understand how is possible not to be Danny Ings between 33 players.

With the Right backs... Totally agree with you. But I think Reece James (or Trippier) will be out. Trent Alexander is out of form and even he is injured today, so if he is not OK he will be the dismiss. And I guess Trippier will be selected because he have playes in both sides. And Walker can play as CB in case you need to play with 3 in the back. 

I hope you’re right that he drops Watkins, I don’t see him as different enough from Kane / DCL to be a change up (plus I don’t rate him) I think Rashford through the middle is enough of a change if we need to make it without taking up a squad place. I think Ings warranted inclusion to a 33 man squad, not that it makes a massive difference since he has to shave it down anyway which is why I’ve not really been bothered about him bringing Greenwood. 

I hope he drops James, Trippier is worth bringing over him for set pieces and his ability to cover either full back slot, I think James is similar to Walker in that he can cover at CB and right back so feel we don’t need him (not at the expense of TAA as an attacking outlet anyway). 

What do we think about Jones as our next gaffer? 

The Cabbage is contracted until 2022, and will he fuck go before then, which means we will likely be relegated.

Assuming Jones is still with us, which is far from guaranteed, when the Calorie Sack is finally peddled, he ticks all boxes for Ashley. 
• Cheap

• Cheap

• Cheap

• Knows the club and all the bullshit that he’ll have to work under. 
• Half decent coach. 
• Cheap

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Aye, I think that’s why he was brought in tbh they had him lined up as a Chris Hughton option for if Bruce didn’t match their exceedingly low expectations. I don’t think Jones is anything sensational but the fact he doesn’t seem to be a mouthy cunt is a huge plus when comparing to Bruce, hard to state his impact but our results did get better once he arrived so there’s not much doubt he had something to do about the uptick rather than just giving all the credit to Bruce like some “journalists” (Edwards) try to. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Howay said:

they had him lined up as a Chris Hughton option for if Bruce didn’t match their exceedingly low expectations.

Aye, this was so obvious, wasn’t it? :lol:

The fact Bruce stuck around means one of two things, neither of which precludes the other from being true.

1- He’s thick as mince and didn’t realise. 
2- He’s a little bitch and took the slight on his character, along with his wages. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

96 unlawfully killed but no one held responsible. ...

I've never for second thought anyone would ever get an appropriate sentence for this unless they were already dead. These things only get looked at twenty to thirty years later after for a reason.

• Like 5

‘’he had no legal duty to tell the whole truth to the Taylor inquiry.

Arguing that the legal duty could be the court’s only consideration, Goldberg said: “This court is not a court of morals. This court is not a court of common decency.”

Fucking shameful

• Like 4

I couldn’t listen beyond him blaming the Liverpool fans, ( I’ve just got a new phone and don’t want to bounce it off the wall). 

He’s got one of those punchable voices, dripping with privilege, which doesn’t help.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, asteroidblitz said:

Anyone else think that Emery would be a good fit for us? Excellent in Spain, hounded out of London. Tactical genius.

Is very Good manager. I think he is not ready for manage the Top teams in the World. But he did good work in Sevilla and Valencia. And even, when he started to be known in Spain, was managed Almería. In the first year, he promoted the team to Primera Division and in the second, he finished the league in 8th position with a very poor squad.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I couldn’t listen beyond him blaming the Liverpool fans, ( I’ve just got a new phone and don’t want to bounce it off the wall). 

He’s got one of those punchable voices, dripping with privilege, which doesn’t help.

Enabled by Adrian Chiles who makes a big deal out of being 1) a football fan and 2) a Christian. Just fuck off and die tbh 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 2

Just now, Alex said:

Adrian Chiles who makes a big play out if being 1) a football fan and 2) a Christian. Just fuck off and die tbh 

I didn’t get that far… does Chiles actually do that? 
What an absolute throbber.