Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

2 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I didn’t get that far… does Chiles actually do that? 
What an absolute throbber. 

He comes out with utterly fucking disgusting lies about the conduct of the fans on the day and Chiles says - what should the CPS have learned from this? I shit thee not 

Edited by Alex
  • Jaysus... 2

The outcome to Hillsborough is disgusting. Unfortunately the government and police have always been in lockstep over blaming the supporters and covering up the truth, and too much time has gone by to hold people accountable. Thatcher and the conservative party pretty much ensured any chance for justice was lost.

Not entirely surprising though given the misscarriages of justice endemic in the 70s and 80s esp with reference to the Irish.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Diego21 said:

Is very Good manager. I think he is not ready for manage the Top teams in the World. But he did good work in Sevilla and Valencia. And even, when he started to be known in Spain, was managed Almería. In the first year, he promoted the team to Primera Division and in the second, he finished the league in 8th position with a very poor squad.

Not to distract from the disgrace of the Hillsborough trial but Emery even had his goalkeeper ready to take a penalty tonight. A great performance all round

5 hours ago, Kitman said:

Chiles always was an appalling broadcaster. Genuinely baffled how he's made a career out of it tbh

Minority quotas - Brummie, fat and ugly 

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Kitman said:

Chiles always was an appalling broadcaster. Genuinely baffled how he's made a career out of it tbh

Got away with stealing a living 

Pretty shameful outcome. Families deserved some kind of closure and this will only the embolden the bigots.

To this day I still know people (bigots, rather) that won't accept the result of the Hillsborough enquiry and just default to "what about Heysel?" if you press them on it.

Rest of the country would do well to follow Liverpool's lead and boycott those Murdoch shitrags like. 

• Like 2

Luke Edwards making himself look like a fucking knacker exhibit 26,728. Firstly why bring Benitez up? The bloke never mentioned Benitez and asked a fair question, if Bruce has done such a stellar job he should be in the frame, and secondly Rafa was linked to those jobs in the past but as a journalist should know an out of work manager can also become a bit out of mind especially when the journalists are of Edwards quality. It’s so tedious, Rafael Benitez and Steve Bruce aren’t comparable, if the fans acted like Bruce was better than Benitez we’d be fucking annihilated and mocked relentlessly, but if we dislike Bruce we get bashed over the head for acting like Benitez is better. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Howay said:

Luke Edwards making himself look like a fucking knacker exhibit 26,728. Firstly why bring Benitez up? The bloke never mentioned Benitez and asked a fair question, if Bruce has done such a stellar job he should be in the frame, and secondly Rafa was linked to those jobs in the past but as a journalist should know an out of work manager can also become a bit out of mind especially when the journalists are of Edwards quality. It’s so tedious, Rafael Benitez and Steve Bruce aren’t comparable, if the fans acted like Bruce was better than Benitez we’d be fucking annihilated and mocked relentlessly, but if we dislike Bruce we get bashed over the head for acting like Benitez is better. 

Especially as Benitez has in fact been linked to all those jobs…

In Germany we used to call things like this a “Winklhofer”

https://fb.watch/5SbQ8XRupE/

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Rafa iirc, has said in the past that he likely wouldn't take the Everton job because of his allegiance to/history managing Liverpool. If I were him my code of honour would be being seriously tested right now. He wants a job in England close to his house in the Wirral, and a job that could be a decent project with decent money behind it. Past allegiances or not it may be too good an opportunity, in these uncertain times, to turn down if they come knocking.

Edit. 😄 Never mind, just read Rafa's quotes from his recent appearance on Monday Night Football. Seems as though he definitely would consider the Everton job for a few of the reasons I mentioned.

Edited by Polarboy

the everton job is the project he was hoping he might get at newcastle. ambitious, money to spend, big untapped potential. he's the perfect fit for them

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Rafa iirc, has said in the past that he likely wouldn't take the Everton job because of his allegiance to/history managing Liverpool. If I were him my code of honour would be being seriously tested right now. He wants a job in England close to his house in the Wirral, and a job that could be a decent project with decent money behind it. Past allegiances or not it may be too good an opportunity, in these uncertain times, to turn down if they come knocking.

Aye, knowing his family are still in Liverpool I had him nailed on for it before he fucked off to the other side of the world.

Maybe Rafa is actually a bit like Cyril:

51682bc6BrL.jpg

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

It’s becoming very apparent that Rafa didn’t give the steam off his piss to Edwards when he was here.

The phrase "If you're going to wind someone up make sure you've got a longer fuse than them" seems apt for him when he's on Twitter. 

• Like 5