Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

That's the worst thing, he isn't taking the piss out us intentionally, he just sees us as a club he can start with who are shite but still a big club when he manages us to success which makes him a good manager on his game. If he picked Man U or whoever this wouldn't be getting posted on social media as it would open up all sorts such as he's being disrespectful to them to he wants to sign for them whereas us? Also it's all a good laugh to them all. I still see the amusing side to it but if we were a genuinely ambitious club this would be a bit of an insult, (obviously we're not an ambitious club under Ashley).

I just don't think it's insulting or anything really. 

Griezmann choosing to manager a midtable Premier League club in (I assume) the latest version of the game means nowt. I wouldn't take it as an insult at all. 

52 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Griezmann choosing to manager a midtable Premier League club in (I assume) the latest version of the game means nowt. I wouldn't take it as an insult at all. 

You're pushing it with midtable aren't you?

I used to play Champ Man as Huddersfield because I knew they'd been a successful team years ago (won the league 3 years in a row I think the song goes) but were absolutely nothing as a club at the time.  I didn't mean it as an insult to Hudderfield but any supporters who could remember their success (given it was in the 1920's it was unlikely there was many even back in the 90's) might see it as a pisstake that they have fallen to that point.  I think this is where Howaymanheyman was coming from.  It's Ashley that's insulting us by dragging us down to this level not Griezman for picking us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

Aye as DK alludes to, I'm not insulted by Griezmann, but I am insulted that it's all just comical to international footballer's instead of them regarding us as a club they would take seriously as a potential move or as an opponent. That's 100% on Ashley not the French lads. :D

2 hours ago, David Kelly said:

I used to play Champ Man as Huddersfield because I knew they'd been a successful team years ago (won the league 3 years in a row I think the song goes) but were absolutely nothing as a club at the time.  I didn't mean it as an insult to Hudderfield but any supporters who could remember their success (given it was in the 1920's it was unlikely there was many even back in the 90's) might see it as a pisstake that they have fallen to that point.  I think this is where Howaymanheyman was coming from.  It's Ashley that's insulting us by dragging us down to this level not Griezman for picking us.

Huddersfield were managed by Herbert Chapman who devised the WM formation when everyone else was still using 2-3-5, before he went to Arsenal and was very successful there too. 

3 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

Aye as DK alludes to, I'm not insulted by Griezmann, but I am insulted that it's all just comical to international footballer's instead of them regarding us as a club they would take seriously as a potential move or as an opponent. That's 100% on Ashley not the French lads. :D

But in this situation... Is an anecdote.

Griezmann plays a lot FM every year and he have shown differents games with Newcastle, Arsenal, Marseille, Chelsea, Ajax, Rennes...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, David Kelly said:

Maybe, I dunno. When I pick a team on FM it depends on the challenge I want in the game at the time. I don't think Griezmann's choice is an indication of how far we've fallen in real life or anything. He could as well have picked Brescia,  Rangers or Man City and Mbappe would have said something equally banal about them. As Diego says, Griezmann plays the game a lot with teams that vary based, surely, on a whim. 

If you're getting insulted by any of that, I think you need to step away from things for a while :lol: 

19 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Maybe, I dunno. When I pick a team on FM it depends on the challenge I want in the game at the time. I don't think Griezmann's choice is an indication of how far we've fallen in real life or anything. He could as well have picked Brescia,  Rangers or Man City and Mbappe would have said something equally banal about them. As Diego says, Griezmann plays the game a lot with teams that vary based, surely, on a whim. 

If you're getting insulted by any of that, I think you need to step away from things for a while :lol: 

I'm not seriously insulted or in the huff but I do see it as an extra indicator, (if it was needed) that we're shit. I'd love to step away from things for a while but unfortunately I can't afford to. :lol:

Amazing Luis Enrique.

Spain is the only National team that have call 24 players instead 26.

OK. 

Busquets tested Covid positive on Sunday and Spain is calling some players additional only for trainning in differents pitchs (I think they believe is possible to more positive cases in the squad).

So... We have 24 players and 7 more.

Today there are a exhibition game against Lithuania and is going to be played for the U21 team 

26 minutes ago, Diego21 said:

Amazing Luis Enrique.

Spain is the only National team that have call 24 players instead 26.

OK. 

Busquets tested Covid positive on Sunday and Spain is calling some players additional only for trainning in differents pitchs (I think they believe is possible to more positive cases in the squad).

So... We have 24 players and 7 more.

Today there are a exhibition game against Lithuania and is going to be played for the U21 team 

Oops. :lol:

Don't worry though, your U21s would still get a result against Gareth's brave defensive boys.

26 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

We are a shit club

Bollocks, a Mag at work said we were the Barcelona of the north. FTM

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, David Kelly said:

Whilst far from being in a rage about this, I really don't think it's something to be laughing at.  It just screams shit club.

Rattled.

Going all the way back to CM 01/02 I've always been surprised how many times I've seen us mentioned as someone people have managed. No where near as popular as the clubs that always win something or the likes of Barca but more than I'd have thought, I just assume it's an extension of that with a dose of meme culture thrown in.

Lads, this is getting way too close to RTG thread level. :lol:

It’s a PC game the bloke was playing- He chose to play as us- I understand the lads saying it shows how far we’ve fallen under the Fat Cunt, but there’s other things to get riled about. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Lads, this is getting way too close to RTG thread level. :lol:

It’s a PC game the bloke was playing- He chose to play as us- I understand the lads saying it shows how far we’ve fallen under the Fat Cunt, but there’s other things to get riled about. 

Tsk. I believe the proper way to start an admin post is with “ Guys guys” rather than “Lads”.

• Haha 5

17 hours ago, The Mighty Hog said:

Going all the way back to CM 01/02 I've always been surprised how many times I've seen us mentioned as someone people have managed. No where near as popular as the clubs that always win something or the likes of Barca but more than I'd have thought, I just assume it's an extension of that with a dose of meme culture thrown in.

One of those clubs, aren't we? Not won anything in ages, still have some renown, potential to compete given the right management.