Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

:lol: Goes on to say “still might not happen”, aye you really fucking nailed that story. What a total fucking whopper this loser is. Claims he’s got the Saudi takeover right too in the thread, despite him being completely wrong the whole time as they absolutely were/are interested his initial point was that it was all bullshit he didn’t start off by saying the PL would basically block it. Helmet. 

• Haha 2

He’s got this weird obsession with bringing up things he’s said in the past to prove he’s right about stuff. Especially given most of his tweets regarding us highlight the opposite 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Alex said:

He’s got this weird obsession with bringing up things he’s said in the past to prove he’s right about stuff. Especially given most of his tweets regarding us highlight the opposite 

LM's young'un?

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, Howay said:

:lol: Goes on to say “still might not happen”, aye you really fucking nailed that story. What a total fucking whopper this loser is. Claims he’s got the Saudi takeover right too in the thread, despite him being completely wrong the whole time as they absolutely were/are interested his initial point was that it was all bullshit he didn’t start off by saying the PL would basically block it. Helmet. 

'You won't be hearing from me for a while'. 24 fucking minutes he lasted.

E8SuOODXMAYJcp9?format=jpg&name=large

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

But properly constituted PIF, a business entity spending legally earned petro dollars around the world are utterly beyond the pail according to the Premier League? What a  load of fuckin shit man :cuppa:

And their being subjected to nothing like the same tests the Saudis were either. And, quite apart from anything else, who’s more likely to leave the clubs in a proper fucking mess? 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 2

TBF those takeovers were approved by the EFL rather than the PL and if anything are strong arguments for more stringent examinations when it comes to the takeover approval process.

They're totally different from our situation as it's clear that the people looking to buy us have more than enough funds to support the club in perpetuity. It's obvious that this isn't about transparency and due diligence and everything to do with the 'Big Six' wanting a closed shop where no one else can challenge.

• Like 5

Aye. I appreciate it was the EFL and a few people have mentioned ours would have gone through no problem if we were a division lower, assuming a price was still agreed etc. But the double standards are ludicrous given clubs can be promoted to the top flight anyway. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Polarboy said:

I thought his blubbing at his farewell presser for Barca was a bit much. The only reason he's leaving is because PSG are the only people willing and able to pay his ridiculous wages. 

I thought the same at first, but he’d agreed a 50% pay cut with Barca, and was apparently willing to accept less again in order to stay, but Spanish wage laws prevented it. 

Still absolutely obscene the money he’s on, but he’s not to blame for that. 

55 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I thought the same at first, but he’d agreed a 50% pay cut with Barca, and was apparently willing to accept less again in order to stay, but Spanish wage laws prevented it. 

Still absolutely obscene the money he’s on, but he’s not to blame for that. 

As far as I'm aware it was going to be a five year contract at Barca, so in reality he'd have been getting what he's getting for his two year PSG contract. Obviously we're not privy to all the ins and outs, but it seems to me that he had a number for the amount of money he wanted, he couldn't get it at Barca, so left. I don't see what Spanish wage laws would prevent him from taking a wage of some sort, whatever figure that was going to be, but perhaps I'm wrong. 

It still all seems very weird. We're supposed to believe that Barca offered him the deal over five years, then suddenly realised that it would have left them up shit creek with the government/FFP and or their long term financial stability, he then offered to take a more than 50% cut, only to be told that it wasn't legal to do that in Spain, which in terms of wage laws you'd think the money men would have been instantly aware of before it was even floated as an idea. Either something else is going on, or Messi's agent and the finance people at Barca are running around like Benny Hill. 

Edited by Polarboy

10 hours ago, Polarboy said:

Messi's agent and the finance people at Barca are running around like Benny Hill. 

Given their financial situation that's a distinct possibility. I think there were people at the club deeply worried about what offering a new deal would mean financially, their president was determined to do it to make a statement and keep the fans happy and it wasn't until very late on that he realised just how much shit they would be in if they went through with it.

10 hours ago, Polarboy said:

It still all seems very weird. We're supposed to believe that Barca offered him the deal over five years, then suddenly realised that it would have left them up shit creek with the government/FFP and or their long term financial stability, he then offered to take a more than 50% cut, only to be told that it wasn't legal to do that in Spain, which in terms of wage laws you'd think the money men would have been instantly aware of before it was even floated as an idea. Either something else is going on, or Messi's agent and the finance people at Barca are running around like Benny Hill. 

Maybe the situation where a player offered to take a 50% wage cut hadn’t happened before ;) 

• Like 1