Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

9 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Anyone else watched this parcel of clichéd, inaccurate & frankly disingenuous bollocks? 

Fever Pitch: The Rise of the Premier League, Series 1: Episode 1: www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p09mqvrt via @bbciplayer

Watched the first one, won't bother with a second. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Done by Beckham's production company isn’t it? I know, I’m surprised he has a production company but should be able to see where this is going a mile off 

I should've guessed..."FOOTBALL IN THE 80S WAS AWFUL..ITALIA 90 CHANGED THAT..!" crowds had started to pick up again around 86/87 but let's not let facts get in the way of bollocks..

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

I should've guessed..."FOOTBALL IN THE 80S WAS AWFUL..ITALIA 90 CHANGED THAT..!" crowds had started to pick up again around 86/87 but let's not let facts get in the way of bollocks..

The PL was made through sheer greed from the usual suspects at the usual clubs. Nothing more, nothing less and sky needed a viable product to get going. 

• Like 1

I watched the first one too but thought similar to HMHM. Italia 90 was massive but it wasn’t the game changer it was portrayed as. There were other social changes taking place. Hillsborough has a far greater effect on the change to the match day experience. Even the drugs changed things with casuals taking Es etc. in the wake of acid house. And the eventual realisation of the massive potential for tv subscription revenue of course. 

• Like 2

Spot on @Alex, the Taylor report had a far greater effect on changing the supporter demographic than Sky could ever hope of doing....the demise of the terraces was a result of Hillsborough....they didn't really need to go though, just the fences.. lots of things coincided at that time to change football but surprise surprise Hillsborough & Bradford and their subsequent reports weren't mentioned in the doc...

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Would love to see Alex making a 6 part Netflix series about it. Sitting in the production meeting, absolutely adamant that a full hour has to be spent on drugs and house music.

So would I :lol: 

13 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Spot on @Alex, the Taylor report had a far greater effect on changing the supporter demographic than Sky could ever hope of doing....the demise of the terraces was a result of Hillsborough....they didn't really need to go though, just the fences.. lots of things coincided at that time to change football but surprise surprise Hillsborough & Bradford and their subsequent reports weren't mentioned in the doc...

I was thinking about Bradford too. Two absolutely ridiculous omissions. 

1 hour ago, Alex said:

I like Keane as a pundit though. One of the few who’s not thinking ‘who might this offend?’ before giving their opinion

He‘s from Cork. Swearing and offending is the first thing they get taught there.

• Haha 2