Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

Demba Ba btw :lol: iirc he couldn’t get away fast enough once an offer come in, now you’d think we were a club he was torn to leave. I know that’s modern day football btw but he can’t have it both ways. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Howay said:

Demba Ba btw :lol: iirc he couldn’t get away fast enough once an offer come in, now you’d think we were a club he was torn to leave. I know that’s modern day football btw but he can’t have it both ways. 

Tbh when the Saudi money came in a lot of people seemed to change their tune.

People like Dyer & Jenas can fuck off, Bellamy if he ever pipes up. We’ve been spoken down to by a lot of ex players for years about “business man” Ashley. 

Ba - yeh he got out of there as soon as he could and was hated for a long time. When he came back with Chelsea Coloccini booted him in the face a huge cheer went up :lol: 

• Haha 6

I never begrudged Ba going. It was a shortsighted release clause, and one we could easily have omitted from another contract, which he 100% deserved.

Best striker we've had since Shearer. Fact toe tum

I think I was very resentful regarding almost everything at the club at the time tbh. 

We had an opportunity to kick on after Pardew’s fluke season, we did anything but. 

Peak Ashley & bar Rafa eventually being a ray of light it only got worse and more hopeless.

• Like 3

Just now, Tom said:

I think I was very resentful regarding almost everything at the club at the time tbh. 

We had an opportunity to kick on after Pardew’s fluke season, we did anything but. 

Peak Ashley & bar Rafa eventually being a ray of light it only got worse and more hopeless.

Aye, a thin squad lucky in terms of injuries the season before and who do we sign in the summer? Vurnon Anita and Gael Bigirimana...

If we'd stumped up the extra dollarbucks to sign Sissoko, et al in the summer we'd have had something to be excited about.

4 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I never begrudged Ba going. It was a shortsighted release clause, and one we could easily have omitted from another contract, which he 100% deserved.

Best striker we've had since Shearer. Fact toe tum

Same, always felt like we never really wanted to give him a proper contract in case his knee went. We had some good players when he was here, but what a horrible club we were otherwise.