Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

Listening to The Monday night club. 

I do enjoy it because I like Chappers and Rory.  Richards can be annoying with his fake laugh and Chris Sutton is a bigger misery than me.  However he wasn't on this week, it was Karen Carney

BUT

THis week they focussed on Everton and in Karen Carney seriously has no love for Rafa.  Fuck me.  where was this scrutiny for Brucie babes?  

• Like 1

Watched the game and went straight to bed last night...was up at 4am to attend a job over an hours drive from home at 6am...nobody has turned up to let us in though, been sat here over 90mins.... which sort of explains coming across this :lol:

3 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Watched the game and went straight to bed last night...was up at 4am to attend a job over an hours drive from home at 6am...nobody has turned up to let us in though, been sat here over 90mins.... which sort of explains coming across this :lol:

Blink 182 Reaction GIF

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Fish is in love 

• Haha 3

If Rafa left Everton and remained available to the end of the season, and we end up going down, would anyone be up for switching Howe for him? I'd be half tempted. Not that I don't think Howe could do it, but if we end up going down then clearly he won't have had the impact on the team that we all would hope - and Rafa has got us out of there before, knows the players already, and was always the plan anyway.

Or has that ship now sailed for good?

8 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

If Rafa left Everton and remained available to the end of the season, and we end up going down, would anyone be up for switching Howe for him? I'd be half tempted. Not that I don't think Howe could do it, but if we end up going down then clearly he won't have had the impact on the team that we all would hope - and Rafa has got us out of there before, knows the players already, and was always the plan anyway.

Or has that ship now sailed for good?

I prefer Howe tbh, I think the football is better

• Like 3

I don’t think going back to a prior manager would be an answer. I also would have massive faith in Howe absolutely bossing the Championship, tbf even if Howe had the squad we have now with a whole pre season under his belt I don’t think we’d be any where near the position we are in. Obviously that’s impossible to know but just looking at the impact he’s had on performances, fitness levels, etc. 

On a perhaps harsher point I think Rafas career is winding down a bit, in contrast we are a big chance for Howe to step up to the next level of manager. I’m not saying they’re comparable btw, Rafas record as a manager speaks for itself, I just mean I think it’s an exciting chance for a young manager who may grow with the club, as opposed to a manager whose best years are likely behind him as a manager (again maybe harsh). I also agree with KCG that the football will be more entertaining, while it’s not a concern in the situation we are in currently I think when things turn around it will be something the fans want to see. 

• Like 5