Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

56 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Is he serious? 

It's amazing. I don't really want to throw up two Steve Wraith comparisons in as many days, but the shoe certainly seems to fit :lol:

Hopefully the response will be humbling for him.

8 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

It's amazing. I don't really want to throw up two Steve Wraith comparisons in as many days, but the shoe certainly seems to fit :lol:

Hopefully the response will be humbling for him.

Honestly, my first thought was that this kid is going to get an avalanche of shit online (and maybe in person) and that could really affect his mental health.

He's already done a few videos lamenting what some people say to him on social media. Including when he collapsed at the U23 game and there were some unpleasant things said. 

I dunno like, if you want a career in social media, you're gonna get tortured in the comments on the regular. The fact that it's getting to him already doesn't bode well. 

3 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Honestly, my first thought was that this kid is going to get an avalanche of shit online (and maybe in person) and that could really affect his mental health.

How old is he actually? He looks like he's a teenager but he mentions dropping out of uni so he must be at least 18. If he's serious about these signed photos then either he's doing a lot better than we think he is, it's gone to his head and he's lost all perspective, or he's having us on. I could maybe actually see the latter.

I agree though, the culture of the city doesn't lend itself to this sort of posturing and people will fall over themselves to put him in his place. There's a way he could do this and be successful, but I'm not sure this is it.

2 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

How old is he actually? He looks like he's a teenager but he mentions dropping out of uni so he must be at least 18. If he's serious about these signed photos then either he's doing a lot better than we think he is, it's gone to his head and he's lost all perspective, or he's having us on. I could maybe actually see the latter.

I agree though, the culture of the city doesn't lend itself to this sort of posturing and people will fall over themselves to put him in his place. There's a way he could do this and be successful, but I'm not sure this is it.

True Geordie's route. Not my cup of tea, but you can't begrudge him his success. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

The last time I looked you can be a teenager up to the age of twenty, maybe they change the rules.

46 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

The last time I looked you can be a teenager up to the age of twenty, maybe they change the rules.

You're 19 until you're 20, that's how it works.

• Haha 3

I don’t know he blocked me ages ago. Some lass released some Instagram messages of him where he was keen on some pretty….dorty….stufff so the drinking is probably deemed less offensive than someone laying down a cable on your chest. :) 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Tom said:

I don’t know he blocked me ages ago. Some lass released some Instagram messages of him where he was keen on some pretty….dorty….stufff so the drinking is probably deemed less offensive than someone laying down a cable on your chest. :) 

I forgot all about that :lol: 

• Haha 1

Who was that nutcase on here and off N-O who reckoned he like to lie under the glass coffee table whilst his lass took a dump on it? :lol: 

I mean I think he was joking but that was in no way out of kilter with the rest of his posts 

Just now, Tom said:

It wasn’t Jay Jay Sea was it? He’s the maddest poster I can remember.

It was :lol: I think he lives in my general vicinity. The sort of person who makes you thankful for the UK laws around firearms 

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, Alex said:

This is one of those occasions where it’s almost as tragic if his taking these signed photos with him is a piss-take 

:lol: Aye as you know that would be a dig at his ‘haters’. Social media is brutal and if you put yourself out there you will get plenty of people having a pop, similar as when Bruce whined about it you can ignore it or you can get pissed off about it but it’s not going away. 

I think he needs to concentrate on his content tbh, I’m not a fan of the True Geordie but he’s worked hard and been adaptable with what he has done to get himself attention, he didn’t just stand outside the training ground repeatedly for entire days then announce he’d sacked everything off so he could carry on standing outside. He also surely has to realize that when he responds to people trolling him with stuff about how much he’s making from YouTube etc it’ll only lead to more abuse and trolling…

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Alex said:

It was :lol: I think he lives in my general vicinity. The sort of person who makes you thankful for the UK laws around firearms 

If I make it through my entire life without meeting that man I will thank Jesus personally. :lol: 

I can remember numerous posts about using pools balls in football socks as weapons.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Howay said:

:lol: Aye as you know that would be a dig at his ‘haters’. Social media is brutal and if you put yourself out there you will get plenty of people having a pop, similar as when Bruce whined about it you can ignore it or you can get pissed off about it but it’s not going away. 

I think he needs to concentrate on his content tbh, I’m not a fan of the True Geordie but he’s worked hard and been adaptable with what he has done to get himself attention, he didn’t just stand outside the training ground repeatedly for entire days then announce he’d sacked everything off so he could carry on standing outside. He also surely has to realize that when he responds to people trolling him with stuff about how much he’s making from YouTube etc it’ll only lead to more abuse and trolling…

Yep. If all he's going to do is have a few poor quality shots of a player's car driving off into the distance, he'll sharp be forgotten. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alex said:

I seem to remember him saying Westmoor, which is close enough :lol:

Then again, I live even closer to you 

big-teeth-flying-kiss-ramzan-shahrukh.gi

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Tom said:

If I make it through my entire life without meeting that man I will thank Jesus personally. :lol: 

I can remember numerous posts about using pools balls in football socks as weapons.

No idea what you mean- he always struck me as a well-balanced fellow :lol:

( That thread is prime @The Fish btw - Lotiongate :lol:). 

• Haha 4