Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

There's no doubt Liverpool are bumming the refs.  VAR IMO has been a good thing as Salah isn't going down as easily as he was before.  He was an absolute cunt for it.  I think Lampard is right too.  If that challenge on Gordon was at the other end it's given.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Howay said:

It’s things like that which point to officials having serious blind spots when it comes to those type of clubs. I understand they have more possession, and the opposition don’t spend as long in the Liverpool area but fucking hell man there was definitely incidents which should have resulted in penalties in a spell of games that long. It’s similar to me as when we went some absurd length of time before we were awarded a pen, there’s just no fucking way there wasn’t fouls that should have given us pens. 

Listened to a podcast by the bloke who wrote Blindside, Moneyball etc. He was talking about the NBA version of VAR, apparently they sit in a room watching live feeds of the games with no team names, or scores or anything on the screens and found that since it's inception home advantage diminished dramatically. 

Made me wonder if Stockley Park has all the potentially influential information (score, team, stadium, etc.) scraped out. Or, are they still watching an incident obviously involving Liverpool at Anfield at 0-0?

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

So they don't know the teams concerned, whether it's home or away or what the score is? I'm guessing they mightn't be paying too much attention.

:lol: 

No, they don't have the scores or teams on the screen you gobshite.

16 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

But surly someone watching can see its Liverpool v Everton?  One plays in red, one plays in blue and the players have their names on their backs?

Stick it on in black and white, I don't fucking know I'm not the fucking FA. Jesus Christ!

• Haha 4

Just to say I have my own 'small time football blather' moment going on. My team are currently top of their league and have to play 3rd, 2nd and 7th away from home conversely. Might not seem much but when I took over 5 years ago they were 3rd bottom in the bottom of 3 divisions, happy if they didn't get thrashed 8-nil and over the moon if they scored a goal. 

This season they've played 13 and won 12 of them - the one loss was a 2-1 defeat when our goalkeeper was missing through Covid and one of the outfield players took his place. Might seem little to everyone else, but it's an achievement to these lads. I took over 18 months after they were splintered off the main team in a definite A & B split with us being the B-team. And now we're confirmed as top two in the league and got to the last 16 in the county cup. 

image.thumb.png.ef0d3c996ebee2e634bc5eda07afdce6.png

CTFCU16GOLD.jpg

• Like 12

Playing in teams like that were some of my happiest memories Craig. Even if you don’t win the league (you will), you are doing a great thing giving those lads a chance to learn and play football. You should be proud mate 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

You've got Collocini!

Nice work Craig, good luck!

:lol:

The guy who does the coaching with me has called him 'David' most of the season. He turned round the other day in training and shouted "Fucking hell, I'm not David Luiz!" 

• Haha 1

Just now, Alex said:

Check the birth certificate of the reserve keeper (top right) 

Funny enough, one of them did ask if I was allowed to go in goal :lol:

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Front your third from the right.  Is that Jeremey Beadle's grandson? 

Haha every one in the squad calls him Diogo Jota. Top player in the league by a country mile, first class at shithousery as well 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Rayvin said:

Awesome stuff, well done. As far as I'm concerned that's a significant achievement and you should feel rightly proud.

Good luck with the run in!

Who goes in between the sticks, if there is an injury?

The ginger, third from the left?  :firefirefire:

37 minutes ago, ohhh_yeah said:

Who goes in between the sticks, if there is an injury?

The ginger, third from the left?  :firefirefire:

He isn't ginger! :lol:

No, the lad on the left shoulder of the keeper. 

22 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

But surly someone watching can see its Liverpool v Everton?  One plays in red, one plays in blue and the players have their names on their backs?

Nah, they get 2 people to reenact the incident live in front of them. Then they make a decision based on that. 

• Haha 1