Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

We can put robots on Mars, deep fake faces onto strangers, convince sports stars to advertise a bitmap image of a monkey. Why the fuck can't we, as a society, come up with statues that bear a decent likeness to their subject?

They were doing it 500 years ago.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, The Fish said:

We can put robots on Mars, deep fake faces onto strangers, convince sports stars to advertise a bitmap image of a monkey. Why the fuck can't we, as a society, come up with statues that bear a decent likeness to their subject?

They were doing it 500 years ago.

And the Easter Island Mick McCarthys are truly a wonder to behold.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

What the fuck is that?

I'm assuming it's supposed to be Aguero celebrating that title-winning goal v QPR

In all honesty his behaviour is becoming disturbing. But someone does need to delete his twitter to save him from himself. :lol:

He’s such a fucking bore. I think the most irritating thing about him is how he now at times wants in on the fun, after being a complete cock end the whole time the team was shite.

40 minutes ago, Howay said:

He’s such a fucking bore. I think the most irritating thing about him is how he now at times wants in on the fun, after being a complete cock end the whole time the team was shite.

He’s lately whining on about Twitter not being the place to discuss the Saudis in relation to NUFC as it’s impossible to avoid conflict. :lol:

Oh really, I wonder why that might be, EH LUKE? 

20 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

He’s lately whining on about Twitter not being the place to discuss the Saudis in relation to NUFC as it’s impossible to avoid conflict. :lol:

Oh really, I wonder why that might be, EH LUKE? 

As if he’d know what Sir Bobby would think :lol:

• Like 1

I know we’ve got other things to celebrate tonight, but hats off to this lad- 17yr old Blackpool forward Jake Daniels who is the first openly gay pro player in mens football for over 30 years. 

He will, inevitability, get some stick, but I have nothing but admiration for the lad, balls of fucking steel. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61467159

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I know we’ve got other things to celebrate tonight, but hats off to this lad- 17yr old Blackpool forward Jake Daniels who is the first openly gay pro player in mens football for over 30 years. 

He will, inevitability, get some stick, but I have nothing but admiration for the lad, balls of fucking steel. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61467159

Unbelievably brave and courageous. Whilst he might be the first player in more than a generation to go public, he’s almost certainly not the only gay professional footballer during this time. I hope he gets the support he truly deserves and that his action gives others the confidence to do likewise so this stigma can be well and truly broken. It’s long overdue. 

Him breaking his silence over this was as important as Andy Woodward being the first to speak about about the horrors of abuse in development football.

• Like 2