Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

All or Nothing: Arsenal hits Amazon Prime tomorrow. 

We all already know the season finale when Mikel's high fliers pop up to St James Park and get their arses handed to them. 

Should be good. 

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

We all already know the season finale when Mikel's high fliers pop up to St James Park and get their arses handed to them. 

Should be good. 

we are the reason their season was nothing 

Christian Bale Reaction GIF by ProBit Global

• Haha 6

11 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Having realised their faux pas, they've now awarded naming rights to Betfred.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

7 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Still underrated iyam…obviously recognised as a great player but look at the variety of goals here … 

Incredible player, possibly the Ballon d'or winner that people (in the UK at least) wouldn't have seen loads of due to football coverage at the time?

Football Italia had gone to eurosport, CL coverage was sparser and the internet hadn't made us aware of every little thing going on yet.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Fish said:

If you watch that muted and just watch his eyes, there's real sadness there.

If I did anything like that I'd have to leave Newcastle and go to join the French foreign legion never to be seen again. 

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, Craig said:

I'd forgotten about this absolute work of genius. Ads back in the day were definitely better. 

There was a programme on recently about the tv ads industry and the big budgets they used to have (like Ridley Scott doing hovis ones for example). It was because there were so few channels so the ads hit b me adduce exposure. Now the Rees millions of channels plus streaming etc so very little effort and money is put into 99% of them now 

Who could forget Cab Calloway selling Hula Hoops? 

Well I'll tell you who. My lass. I was giving the "EAT! Don't Hula!" advice to her the other day and she didn't have a fucking clue. 

• Haha 1

On 03/08/2022 at 14:35, Gemmill said:

Should be good. 

Two episodes into this and honestly the most fucking annoying thing so far has been one of their chants. The Rockin All Over the World / "Saka and Emile Smith Rowe" one. 

There's a scene with a load of fans leaving the ground after they beat spurs at home and they're singing this song. But....... Honestly wait for this you're gonna be furious.... Some CUNT is counting them in with a 4-count and they're letting him get to 4 before starting. 

Anyone with half a fucking brain cell knows that the 4 is the "And I" of "And I like it". 

But this CUNT is going 

"1-2-3-4-And I like it". 

Try and do that in your head now. it's like the record skipped. 

Now do

"1-2-3-And I like it"

And yet thousands of people just go along with this idiot. 

Honestly I was like HMHM when someone says United about Man United or doesn't ask the right question on a podcast, watching it. 

I felt like this bloke:

not-quite-my-tempo-jk-simmons.gif?c=VjFf

other than that it's pretty good. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

I'm consoling myself with the fact that two episodes in, and after a horrible first three games to the season, the hope is building nicely. All the talk of how Arsenal has to finish in the top 4, that's just what they're all about, etc. 

dany-martines-evil-plans.gif?c=VjFfbWljc

• Haha 3

Just now, strawb said:

I’m three episodes in, I think Arteta comes across really well but the Arsenal fans man…

Aye. :lol:

I like Arteta, he's far too nice a bloke to be dealing with those whiffs. 

• Like 1

Oh btw Everton fans had arranged another of their "greet the bus" events for the visit of Chelsea. So their players will have been kept up all night with fireworks and stuff. 

What a bunch of scummy pricks. I'd love it if the league stepped in and said if it happens again, we're docking points. 

• Like 1