Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I googled "site:ft.com Hamish Constantinople" and there are NO results with that name returned. 

Also if you look through his other tweets, he's an Everton fan with a fixation on trying to wind Newcastle fans up. 

Stand down lads. 

I bet that’s working out well for him atm

In reality Potter would be nuts to turn it down.  Established Champions League clubs don't come knocking for young English managers very often, and even if it's a disaster he won't be short of offers afterwards

The only downside for him is he won't be local for a pint with Trophyshy and yours truly going forward

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Potter will be a disaster for Chelsea btw. If Tuchel can't get a tune out of the lads on £400k pw then I can't see Potter faring any better with his CV. 

I predict a Ralf Rangnick type tenure with him getting the boot in 6 months 

He’ll get less time off both the fans and the owner too. Due to not being a ‘big name’ with lots of trophies on his cv 

• Like 2

Potter would be mad not to take it imo. 

Yes Chelsea is a revolving door but so are most of the upper echelon clubs. He has taken Brighton as far as they can realistically go and needs to attempt the jump while his stock is high.

I don't buy into this "well if tuchel couldn't then how will potter etc etc" because its bollocks. Tuchels well known to be spiky as fuck and to struggle when things start going wrong, he has totally lost the squad and its not because he is or isnt a big name or has trophies its because hes a cunt, adding in that hes not the new owners man and he was bound for the sack fairly soon.

Because of how well Potter has done at brighton there aren't many stepping stones left in this country between the two clubs.

• Like 3

If they approach him and he turns it down, he may not ever get the option to manage at one of the established clubs ahi . He’d be nuts to turn it down.

• Like 2

Potter’s a great coach - done an amazing job at Brighton - he could really be a smart appointment but Chelsea would have to give him time, which they don’t tend to do, and the players would have to buy into his philosophy - is he a big enough name to command the respect of the egos in the dressing room? It’s be interesting to see how it turns out. Also a shame for Brighton as I think he has a real chance of taking on the “big six” this season. 

2 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

but Chelsea would have to give him time, which they don’t tend to do, and the players would have to buy into his philosophy - is he a big enough name to command the respect of the egos in the dressing room?

Not a hope in hell of either of these things. Potter is a great coach but has won nothing, the Swedish league or where ever he was doesn't count.
Chelsea have been through a lot of top managers since Mourinho's first go around and none of them have lasted more than two seasons.

They'll shit the bed early and he'll be gone by Christmas 2023.

12 minutes ago, sammynb said:

They'll shit the bed early and he'll be gone by Christmas 2023.

It's still a win win for Potter. He will be on a much bigger contract than now, and will still walk into any top 6 job no matter what.

He's going to think he's good enough to succeed as well, you don't get to where he's got without ambition and self confidence 

• Like 2