Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

6 hours ago, Gemmill said:

:lol:

That's incredible. I would guess that Howe's salary is less than half of that. 

I'm sure he got a sizeable bonus wedge for avoiding relegation last season and his newly signed contract will have come with a big salary bump and a new set of potential performance bonuses. Even with all that you're probably still right. Chelsea's spending is off the charts.

Edited by OTF

5 hours ago, Gemmill said:

There was a sizeable chunk didn't want Poch either cos of his Spurs links. 

😇I want him to prove them wrong, but i mostly want him to be absolute dogshit! 😈

You don’t want them to be proven wrong because they’ll be pissed off if they’re proven to be right ;) 

37 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

NUFC confirmed ours is back on but Leeds v Man utd at Old Trafford isn't 

or chelsea v liverpool.

very odd, especially man utd leeds.

no reason given for the postponement of the two games either.

Edited by thebrokendoll

43 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Suppose bigger police presence required?  Dunno.

Partly, also partly because of the likelihood that some  Scouser's will boo, and partly because some Leeds fans will use any excuse to cause bother.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Partly, also partly because of the likelihood that some  Scouser's will boo, and partly because some Leeds fans will use any excuse to cause bother.

But like has been said, are they not just going to shift the minute of two to the next match?  Kicking the can further down the road.

37 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

But like has been said, are they not just going to shift the minute of two to the next match?  Kicking the can further down the road.

The level of interest will diminish though. Especially for Leeds. 

The Liverpool game is a different matter. There's a strong republican base in Liverpool and an anti-'establishment' point of view. Plus, they do like to make things about them. Dunno the best way to manage that fixture, personally I'd propose a minute's applause.

• Like 1