Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

:lol: 

Delicious reasoning by the boring cunt for his sacking and the daily mail giving him the platform for culture war bollocks. How he's lasted this long I'll never know. He actually came across as if he hated almost every second of his pundits role. You think he'd be over the moon to get to his retirement age? 

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

:lol: 

Delicious reasoning by the boring cunt for his sacking and the daily mail giving him the platform for culture war bollocks. How he's lasted this long I'll never know. He actually came across as if he hated almost every second of his pundits role. You think he'd be over the moon to get to his retirement age? 

Aye. Him and Alan Green openly whingeing about their jobs whilst they were doing because it was a boring 1-0 on a Monday night or whatever. Just fuck off and let someone else do it then. He also gave the impression he’d rather be anywhere else whenever he was on football focus or motd. I mean he possibly has a point re: losing his job but the flip side to that is he probably only stayed employed that long for the same reasons. His short spell here as ‘defensive coach’ (for which he also seems to be bitter about) revealed he wasn’t the tactical genius he likes to think he is. 

• Like 6

He was sacked because he was utter shit and stole a living for 30+ years. 

Fanstastic footballer but a shit pundit, and even worse manager/coach. 

Wasn't there something really dodgy reported about him when he was manager of Oxford United? 

• Like 1

Yeah, he absolutely wasn't let go because of his ethnicity. Perhaps his age? Not because no 65yr olds can do the job, I'm sure there are some of examples of engaged, forward thinking experts who're 65 but they'll be rare.

Rather it's because he's out of touch with the game, modern punditry and modern media. He only got the coaching job because he was a good footballer, only got the pundit gig because he was a good footballer and only kept it because.... Well I don't fucking know. 

It wasn't some woke agenda that lead him to being the most interminably dull pundit out there, he was boring, and negative and curmudgeonly because that's who he is. Funnily enough, nobody wants to watch that shit.

• Like 2

maguires performance was abject. helped set up 2 german goals. Bellingham, Saka and Mount are the future of this england team and Rice worked his socks off. don't know what sterling was doing, his touch, speed of thought and decision making are that of a championship player. he's really just quick... 

Pope was not on a good day.