Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

3 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

What a player Tigana was.

Seeing Tirana Giresse and Platini was like watching aliens from another planet compared to what we were told was good. Punditry those days was on a level of they don't like it up em

Aye. I remember getting into football about 81/82. I.e. being properly excited by it. But it was limited in terms of what you saw on tv to the odd England international, motd, the cup final, European cup final, stuff like that. Seeing that French side and Brazil’s team in 82 was like watching a different sport. England beat them in ‘82 in the group stage too. That was a canny decent England team in retrospect. Went home without losing a match 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Correct…he was 16…. I gave into temptation and looked it up, the 4th midfielder was Luis Fernandez :good:

My mistake - must have been thinking of 88 or 90.

8 minutes ago, NJS said:

My mistake - must have been thinking of 88 or 90.

France weren’t at either ( or ‘94 in the USA). I think he was in the squad at the Euros in Sweden in 92. Although that tournament passed me by a bit as England were dogshit (I was hoping for a repeat of 90). He was captain by ‘96 

1 hour ago, spongebob toonpants said:

What a player Tigana was.

Seeing Tirana Giresse and Platini was like watching aliens from another planet compared to what we were told was good. Punditry those days was on a level of they don't like it up em

I thoroughly enjoyed watching them at Euro 84. My favourite French  player was Bruno Bellone though.

I was taken to a foreign holiday with my sister by my grandparents in 87 to Italy. My aunt and cousin was there too, My folks gave us some spending money so sis and cousin spend money on shite but I keep a hold of mine till one day I walk past the Italian version of monumento Sports Dixono and see a Juventus kit* in the window which you didn't see here. I got it with my cash and was the envy of all the lads of Walker who beheld it.  Anyway, around the family hotel was an elderly family  matriarch who clapped eyes on my kit who couldn't let me past every time she saw me without babbling away about the animal, Maradona and the gentleman Platini, (We were in the north). 

*It was a fans version but no cunt was the wiser back home then and it wasn't like the daft fakes in Spain a decade or so later. :good:

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

I was taken to a foreign holiday with my sister by my grandparents in 87 to Italy. My aunt and cousin was there too, My folks gave us some spending money so sis and cousin spend money on shite but I keep a hold of mine till one day I walk past the Italian version of monumento Sports Dixono and see a Juventus kit* in the window which you didn't see here. I got it with my cash and was the envy of all the lads of Walker who beheld it.  Anyway, around the family hotel was an elderly family  matriarch who clapped eyes on my kit who couldn't let me past every time she saw me without babbling away about the animal, Maradona and the gentleman Platini, (We were in the north). 

*It was a fans version but no cunt was the wiser back home then and it wasn't like the daft fakes in Spain a decade or so later. :good:

take-it-easy-rusty.gif

"Holiday rooooWOooowOooooWOOOOOOOad" 

• Haha 3

not suggesting any of you should put yourself reading through even the entirety of the last page of this, never mind the whole thread, I didn't, just enough to be stunned by the vitriol aimed at our support by the scouse cunts, it makes that on rtg look relatively tame.

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=282654.20080

before these fuckwits start pointing the finger at anyone else's morality they should perhaps take time to reflect on the fact that getting on 40 year ago they were wholly responsible for stampeding a segregation fence and charging at the fans of a football club from Italy who had fuck all to do with the previous years trouble in rome.

they murdered/were responsible for the death of 39 innocent Italians, but despite the clear and indisputable tv footage at the time of supporters in liverpool tops causing the carnage systemically went about creating the myth that the trouble was caused by chelsea headhunters/factions of other clubs hooligan element/england supporters, anybody really other than themselves.

never their fault.

to the 'sons of spion' you question newcastle support and are thinking of throwing the towel in with football because of it?

we've never killed anybody, you fucking prick.

• Like 4

Do these fans have any awareness of their own history at all?

If being richer than other clubs owing to an external source of wealth is cheating then I have news for these Liverpool fans regarding their entire history.

In addition to that its easy to say you wouldn't entertain the Saudis when you've won every trophy going in the last 30 years.

They chaser Hicks & Gillette cause the football was shit. No other reason.

• Like 3