Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

2 hours ago, Toonpack said:

Look what we could have won 😂

'become'

:lol: 

They've always been quite the boiled beige sand and vanilla wholemeal sandwich, of a club.

• Like 2

Listening to TalkSport on the way home.  They chatted about Villa.  Andy Goldstein has them down for relegation, yet thinks Gerrard is a great manager for what he did in Scotland.  Now I normally like him, but don't get his logic on this.

Aye, it’s easy being mr jovial when you’re winning. I thought he was a monumental cunt anyway like but it’s good to see the mask slipping. It’s a fairly innocuous question as well 

• Like 4

Didn't someone on here say, ages ago, that the way he has his teams playing means they'll have one unbelievable season, then be so physically, mentally and emotionally fucked that the next season is a bit of a bust?

• Like 2

That does ring a bell, Fish. And makes a good bit of sense too. But also somewhat in defence of camelface it seems kinda standard for most teams. It's hard to maintain that sort of high performance season on season in basically all sports. The teams/individuals that do it are able to be counted on one hand among their peers in their respective sport and come along perhaps once in a generation (if that).

5 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Didn't someone on here say, ages ago, that the way he has his teams playing means they'll have one unbelievable season, then be so physically, mentally and emotionally fucked that the next season is a bit of a bust?

I'm amazed they've kept it going for as long as they have to the standard they have. Mourinho has the same rep didn't he? 

1 minute ago, Howmanheyman said:

I'm amazed they've kept it going for as long as they have to the standard they have. Mourinho has the same rep didn't he? 

Yeah, but with a longer recovery period and added dressing room contretemps.

Honestly think their biggest issue has been recruitment. Playing that style in all competitions means you're going to burn through players like three ply Andrex after 6 pints of bhuna. But they've only signed 4 first team players in the last 2 seasons. 9 of their first team are over 30, their midfield's average age is 27.6 and that's distorted by 19yr old Harvey Elliot.

• Like 4