Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

4 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2022/11/04/leeds-told-pay-184m-striker-who-never-started-match/?utm_content=football&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1667570586

Leeds trying to pull a Sunderland/Ricky Alvarez.

They agreed to pay £18m for a loan player if they got promoted at the end of the 2020 season. They got promoted but it turns out he was shit so they are now tying to claim the deal doesn't count because COVID added 2 weeks to the length of the season and they were promoted on July 15th, not June 30th like the contract says :lol: 

Imagine being French and your parents call you Jean-Kevin. 

“ Wtf Maman? Jean-Paul, Jean- Michel, Jean Claude, aye- but Jean-Kevin????
Est tu havin a fucking rire?”

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

Jurgen Klopp: FA appeals against Liverpool manager's £30,000 fine for red card - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63521254

Wtf. If you ever wanted evidence the Scouse cunts have the FA in their pockets 

I like your ranting and blind hatref but I think you should consider the facts now and then.

They are appealing because the fine is too lenient.

• Haha 5

On 04/11/2022 at 14:21, Kid Dynamite said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2022/11/04/leeds-told-pay-184m-striker-who-never-started-match/?utm_content=football&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1667570586

Leeds trying to pull a Sunderland/Ricky Alvarez.

They agreed to pay £18m for a loan player if they got promoted at the end of the 2020 season. They got promoted but it turns out he was shit so they are now tying to claim the deal doesn't count because COVID added 2 weeks to the length of the season and they were promoted on July 15th, not June 30th like the contract says :lol: 

Are Leeds the English Hibs? This is almost as hilarious as the Rocky Bushiri saga.

I'm chuckling at all the posters who genuinely seemed puzzled by our form. 'They've an average squad and haven't spent big money. How did they get so good?' Maybe take a look at the manager in charge of it all, a manager who definitely would not have been deemed good enough to take over at Old Trafford.

• Like 7

I still don't think that most fans (and some of the media) have cottoned on to the fact that this "purple patch" has gone on for nearly 11 months now. In terms of the calendar year, we are up there with 19 wins, 65 pts from 33 games, 5th in the table just behind Spurs on 67 who have played 35 this year. We are playing like title contenders. I don't think we will win it as I think City are unbelievably strong and will walk it. I think Arsenal look similar to us in terms of teamwork so will run them close. Spurs, Chelsea and Liverpool are there for the taking it seems. Spurs take 45 mins to get going, Chelsea don't know their best side and Klopp seems to be more bothered about whining about everyone else. 

I still get to matchday and think that we are due a loss but the last few games have made me think about the "run" too so I think expectations are naturally being raised with each passing game. 2 more games to top off the first part of this season and hopefully 2 more wins to come. I certainly don't fear Chelsea at Home like I might have done only 12 months ago. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I still don't think that most fans (and some of the media) have cottoned on to the fact that this "purple patch" has gone on for nearly 11 months now. In terms of the calendar year, we are up there with 19 wins, 65 pts from 33 games, 5th in the table just behind Spurs on 67 who have played 35 this year. We are playing like title contenders. I don't think we will win it as I think City are unbelievably strong and will walk it. I think Arsenal look similar to us in terms of teamwork so will run them close. Spurs, Chelsea and Liverpool are there for the taking it seems. Spurs take 45 mins to get going, Chelsea don't know their best side and Klopp seems to be more bothered about whining about everyone else. 

I still get to matchday and think that we are due a loss but the last few games have made me think about the "run" too so I think expectations are naturally being raised with each passing game. 2 more games to top off the first part of this season and hopefully 2 more wins to come. I certainly don't fear Chelsea at Home like I might have done only 12 months ago. 

EBE67431-BD79-49BF-BB77-62971226EA9F.jpeg

6 losses in 33 games!

Edited by Kid Dynamite
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, Meenzer said:

You love to see it. :lol:

Used to occasionally watch the Argentinian football when I couldn’t sleep when it was broadcast live. Can’t even remember which terrestrial channel it was on now. But some of the tackles, man. You have expected to see one the players legs come flying off. 

Probably about 5 people/countries on the planet who could afford what they are asking. 

PIF have shown you can buy a club for £300mil, appoint a decent manager, chuck £200mil at the squad and go above teams supposedly worth £2-3bil 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Now we’ll see how moral these fuckers are  if Mohammed Al Medievalistbastardo comes in for them :cuppa:

Aye, I was just talking to a Liverpool fan and the shite he was giving Man City and his first response was 'I wouldn't like to be owned by an oil rich Sheik but we've already proven we can win the league without all that money so it's different'.

6 minutes ago, The Fish said:

How much are they asking for? (cba to read the article)

It doesn't say but last year they sold a 11% stake for £655m so you'd think they'd be looking at over £6bn.

Edited by ewerk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Probably about 5 people/countries on the planet who could afford what they are asking. 

PIF have shown you can buy a club for £300mil, appoint a decent manager, chuck £200mil at the squad and go above teams supposedly worth £2-3bil 

Aye, I think the potential here was clearly seen as an asset to the buyers but the value, compared to the already established CL teams, was clearly a huge influence in the decision