Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

2 hours ago, Polarboy said:

Supposedly there are leaked emails, I assume obtained through the hacker for Die Spiegel, that prove that Mancini was getting paid by this UAE club. I'm not sure I'd call it a witch hunt exactly. You may be being unfairly targeted given other clubs likely engage in cheating as well, but there does seem to be some sort of case for you to answer. I'd be shocked if you's get completely exonerated of all charges when it's all said and done. It would be monumentally stupid of the PL to bring these charges against Citeh if they didn't think they had the goods when it comes to evidence. Then again the people running it aren't exactly the brightest. 

there were similar statements at the time of the champions league ban. that turned out okay.

i do think there is something in the mancini Al Jazira payments, especially as its a fairly common thing for clubs to do.

as i remember it the rules were initially to stop clubs getting themselves into debt they couldn't handle and going into administration, they then morphed into ffp when city started to spend.

3 hours ago, ewerk said:

If your finances aren’t dodgy then you certainly have the best commercial negotiators in the world. It’s an open secret that many of your deals have been inflated and/or from non-trading companies.

I’m not knocking you for it and it’s not for me to judge whether it’s against the rules but there’s no way that Man City are the most marketable club in the world.

we make a lot simply by bringing lots of kids into the academy and then selling them on with buy back clauses or sale percentages. the latest example being the 10m we get from pedro porro going to spurs. that's how we funded jack grealish.

we're not the most marketable but our sponsors get CFG wide exposure making them much more attractive than they otherwise might be. The CFG has clubs all over the world now.

The etihad deal is coming to an end soon. it will be interesting to see how our next deal shapes up.

again i'm curious as to which deals you speak of.

33 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Your deals with 8xBet, 3Key  and Wega spring to mind.

Agree although they seem more poorly researched than dodgy. Another is the OKX deal, getting into a crypto-exchange sponsorship just as the whole thing starts to unravel.

Taking a political angle I believe that City are the only top six club that supports the introduction of an independent regulator. It may be that the city's model of ownership perfect blueprint, in terms of community investment and sound financial support, to use as a yardstick to measure up any future potential owners and their plans.

There is no way a truly independent regulator could look at the Glazer/US approach and conclude it is better for the club and/or football in general than Citys. That might be the real battleground here and explain the apparent haste in yesterdays announcement.

What's more three of our Directors, including Khaldoon, were involved in the £10bn external investment deal recently agreed between the UAE leadership and the UK government. It is not in the interests of the Government to put this relationship at risk, and i'm not saying that it does put it at risk, just making the point. If found guilty are we saying that Khaldoon and co are criminals?

I think this will end in a fine for non co-operation. possibly a transfer ban too, but hopefully help bring in an independent regulator. however i reserve the right to change my opinion daily.

16 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

UEFA Couldn't find anything wrong with City could they?  But the FA have?

They were hamstrung by how far back they could request evidence. The PL don't have any statute of limitations restrictions. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Plus I believe that the Premier League's decision is final in this, there's no appeal to CAS.

Sky were saying that while you can't appeal to CAS you can appeal the decision to the PL who will form a brand new six person body to judge said appeal. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Plus I believe that the Premier League's decision is final in this, there's no appeal to CAS.

No, there might be the attempt to appeal a decision at a higher court in the UK but it’s difficult to judge if a court would hear the case (a bit like with the takeover tbh).

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Sky were saying that while you can't appeal to CAS you can appeal the decision to the PL who will form a brand new six person body to judge said appeal. 

One each from Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool and Spurs and a token - probably the Scouse Mackems. 

I do have some sympathy with Citeh here, but my judgement on the matter will strictly be based on self-interest and what is the best outcome for Newcastle. 

Some combination of them being docked enough points to finish behind us, especially if it means Chamions League, but carte-blanche for disgusting oil-states to plough as much money in as they like sounds about right

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, LondonBlue said:

Taking a political angle I believe that City are the only top six club that supports the introduction of an independent regulator. It may be that the city's model of ownership perfect blueprint, in terms of community investment and sound financial support, to use as a yardstick to measure up any future potential owners and their plans.

There is no way a truly independent regulator could look at the Glazer/US approach and conclude it is better for the club and/or football in general than Citys. That might be the real battleground here and explain the apparent haste in yesterdays announcement.

What's more three of our Directors, including Khaldoon, were involved in the £10bn external investment deal recently agreed between the UAE leadership and the UK government. It is not in the interests of the Government to put this relationship at risk, and i'm not saying that it does put it at risk, just making the point. If found guilty are we saying that Khaldoon and co are criminals?

I think this will end in a fine for non co-operation. possibly a transfer ban too, but hopefully help bring in an independent regulator. however i reserve the right to change my opinion daily.

Matt Slater from The Athletic reckons this is a big play from the PL to convince the govt that it can regulate itself, with Man City being made an example of. 

If Man City are supportive of an independent regulator, using them as the example makes sense from a PL perspective too. 

9 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Matt Slater from The Athletic reckons this is a big play from the PL to convince the govt that it can regulate itself, with Man City being made an example of. 

If Man City are supportive of an independent regulator, using them as the example makes sense from a PL perspective too. 

I struggle to see the logic in this tbh. The case will mostly drag on for several years. The government won’t and can’t wait such a long time to make a decision.

• Like 1

If it's the only play the PL have though, they'll be hoping they can point to this and say "Lads, we're sorting it".

I'm not saying it's a good idea or that it'll work, it's the PL we're talking about after all. 

i have no great love for man city. i don't doubt they've blurred the lines to their advantage, but hey, if they have it's not like it's something their fellow members of the corrupt six haven't done or attempted with project big picture or the esl recently.

in fact i would say i find man city infinitely less objectionable than than their cunt neighbours, the red dippers down the east lancs road or the laughably labelled big club, tottenham, to say nowt of chelsea's £600m outlay in the last 7 months.

going further i don't even mind them fucking the premier league about, if they have, because i hate richard masters and whoever his side kick is since gary hoffman fucked off far more than man city.

i find the very fact that the premier league can level claims of a lack of cooperation staggering when they deliberately kicked the can down the road for 18 months during their owners and directors test of our takeover, refused any kind of public transparency, delayed arbitration, did nowt to sanction public lobbying by bein sports, received letters from the self interested who saw their place at the top table threatened, attempted to block the competition appeal tribunal case altogether and then stop it from being aired publicly.

fuck masters and his mates, hope man city bankrupt them.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

i have no great love for man city. i don't doubt they've blurred the lines to their advantage, but hey, if they have it's not like it's something their fellow members of the corrupt six haven't done or attempted with project big picture or the esl recently.

in fact i would say i find man city infinitely less objectionable than than their cunt neighbours, the red dippers down the east lancs road or the laughably labelled big club, tottenham, to say nowt of chelsea's £600m outlay in the last 7 months.

going further i don't even mind them fucking the premier league about, if they have, because i hate richard masters and whoever his side kick is since gary hoffman fucked off far more than man city.

i find the very fact that the premier league can level claims of a lack of cooperation staggering when they deliberately kicked the can down the road for 18 months during their owners and directors test of our takeover, refused any kind of public transparency, delayed arbitration, did nowt to sanction public lobbying by bein sports, received letters from the self interested who saw their place at the top table threatened, attempted to block the competition appeal tribunal case altogether and then stop it from being aired publicly.

fuck masters and his mates, hope man city bankrupt them.

that probably sums up most none man city fans views. 

being the last to become a "big" club makes us the least objectionable, but it's all tribal and none of us really give a flying f#@k just so long as we can go see our team at the weekend, have a few beers with our mates, and witter on about the latest controversy.

even if they kick us out of the league, i've still enjoyed the last 10 or so years, and like rangers and juventus, we'd be back. probably more determined than ever.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

I struggle to see the logic in this tbh. The case will mostly drag on for several years. The government won’t and can’t wait such a long time to make a decision.

i think thats part of the history clubs play. for the next several years, who will want to sign for man city with this hanging over their heads? does this scupper deals for Bellingham and the like?

1 hour ago, spongebob toonpants said:

I do have some sympathy with Citeh here, but my judgement on the matter will strictly be based on self-interest and what is the best outcome for Newcastle. 

Some combination of them being docked enough points to finish behind us, especially if it means Chamions League, but carte-blanche for disgusting oil-states to plough as much money in as they like sounds about right

You never know but if we lose, will we try a different angle? Challenge the legitimacy of the PL process in court, challenge the legality of FFP in court? Champion the ESL? Will Abu Dhabi cancel the £10b funding with the UK government? 

I hope none of those things comes to pass mind you.

“I would rather spend £30 million on the 50 best lawyers in the world to sue them [UEFA] for the next 10 years” - Khaldoon Al Mubarak (2018)

Not like we're the first to be threatened with points either

Sounds like City will be represented by Blackstone Chambers (voted the best law firm in The UK) and Paul Harris from Monckton Chambers. The premier league by Bird and Bird (who happen to also represent Arsenal). The Independent Commission will be led by Murray Rosen KC (who happens to have an Arsenal season ticket). Get your popcorn you neutrals.

• Like 1