Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

1 hour ago, LondonBlue said:

“I would rather spend £30 million on the 50 best lawyers in the world to sue them [UEFA] for the next 10 years” - Khaldoon Al Mubarak (2018)

Not like we're the first to be threatened with points either

Sounds like City will be represented by Blackstone Chambers (voted the best law firm in The UK) and Paul Harris from Monckton Chambers. The premier league by Bird and Bird (who happen to also represent Arsenal). The Independent Commission will be led by Murray Rosen KC (who happens to have an Arsenal season ticket). Get your popcorn you neutrals.

it was nick de marco from blackstone chambers who ashley used in his tiff with the premier league. likewise bird and bird for master's and his boys.

it was always portrayed in the media that the saudis stumping up £1b in compensation to bein sports over the piracy issues, along with a miraculous and sudden seperation agreement between PIF and the saudi state, (something that had apparently been an issue for the previous year and a half) was why the takeover happened.

odd I think that the competition appeal tribunal which was being aired live and listened to by over 30,000 people suddenly had to be taken off air (for legal arguement i seem to recall) only to be resumed live again later. I'd love to have been privy to what was being discussed then. that was on the 29th september and it was then adjourned for the judge to deliver his verdict at an unnamed later date. this never happened because an intervention by the footballing gods themselves oversaw the takeover go through a mere 8 days later. bizarre. bear in mind his verdict would've been public, whereas the arbitration hearing set for january 2022 was to remain private and which was stacked against newcastle. 

now I hate the very air that ashley breathes and I might be being a bit fanciful here, but I'd love to think he had his fat, grubby little fingers on something that could've blown master's credibility clean out the water, along with that of a couple of the main protagonists who were so against the consortium taking control of the club.

I don't suppose we'll ever know.  :)

Also, weren't City against the ESL

I've nowt against City (apart from 76 and that cunt Tueart) when I worked down Oldham, many years ago, the canny lads were all light blues.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Let’s be clear here, ffp has fuck all to do with fair play and was brought in to protect the then status quo. 

Abso-fucking-lutely

Theres a lot of high brow bullshit being spouted, Barney Ronays latest headline "If Manchester City are guilty they have betrayed football as a spectacle"

Settle down eh Barney? These rules are 10 or so years old and were originally intended publicly to stop clubs going into massive, unsustainable debt and privately as KCG says to protect the clubs already making shit loads of money from someone coming up and competing with them.

I've never had a problem with the way City or Chelsea before them or Man U or Blackburn or whoever spent money, it always seemed to me like the typical way of football, some rich bloke buys players, except now the rich blokes are the richest blokes, nothings actually changed its just City winning it more often than not now instead of Man U.

• Like 10

37 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Also, weren't City against the ESL

I've nowt against City (apart from 76 and that cunt Tueart) when I worked down Oldham, many years ago, the canny lads were all light blues.

We were the last to join and the first to leave (whilst chelsea went public about being about to leave, we actually did). Supposedly we only joined for fear of being left behind,

I still wouldn't join it. We'd be fighting Barcelona in the courts instead of Arsenal and the red tops .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thebrokendoll said:

it was nick de marco from blackstone chambers who ashley used in his tiff with the premier league. likewise bird and bird for master's and his boys.

it was always portrayed in the media that the saudis stumping up £1b in compensation to bein sports over the piracy issues, along with a miraculous and sudden seperation agreement between PIF and the saudi state, (something that had apparently been an issue for the previous year and a half) was why the takeover happened.

odd I think that the competition appeal tribunal which was being aired live and listened to by over 30,000 people suddenly had to be taken off air (for legal arguement i seem to recall) only to be resumed live again later. I'd love to have been privy to what was being discussed then. that was on the 29th september and it was then adjourned for the judge to deliver his verdict at an unnamed later date. this never happened because an intervention by the footballing gods themselves oversaw the takeover go through a mere 8 days later. bizarre. bear in mind his verdict would've been public, whereas the arbitration hearing set for january 2022 was to remain private and which was stacked against newcastle. 

now I hate the very air that ashley breathes and I might be being a bit fanciful here, but I'd love to think he had his fat, grubby little fingers on something that could've blown master's credibility clean out the water, along with that of a couple of the main protagonists who were so against the consortium taking control of the club.

I don't suppose we'll ever know.  :)

Nothing wrong with an expensive bench 😏

This is like a criminal case being prosecuted by a good friend of the victim, judged by a relative, and 12 of his best mates on the jury.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, LondonBlue said:

a good read from Martin Samuel, refers to newcastle too Yes, Manchester City broke the rules – but the rules protect the old elite

aye, canny read. shame it's written by an absolute whopping cunt who spent 14 years with ashley's cock in his mouth and never held back with his criticism of newcastle's support for daring to dream of at least being mildly competitive against the elite he's now being so critical of

he could also have done better by not continuously referring to 'united' and 'city'. something else the media seem to have happily embraced or been hoodwinked in to believing the 2 manchester clubs have exclusivity to.

no problem with supporters of either club doing so, smacks of pandering to elitism otherwise.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Andrew said:

Abso-fucking-lutely

Theres a lot of high brow bullshit being spouted, Barney Ronays latest headline "If Manchester City are guilty they have betrayed football as a spectacle"

Settle down eh Barney? These rules are 10 or so years old and were originally intended publicly to stop clubs going into massive, unsustainable debt and privately as KCG says to protect the clubs already making shit loads of money from someone coming up and competing with them.

I've never had a problem with the way City or Chelsea before them or Man U or Blackburn or whoever spent money, it always seemed to me like the typical way of football, some rich bloke buys players, except now the rich blokes are the richest blokes, nothings actually changed its just City winning it more often than not now instead of Man U.

Clubs like Liverpool and Forest had a financial advantage over almost all of their rivals in the 70s and 80s too. In fact it’s been going on since the maximum wage was abolished. It’s portrayed now like their achievements were noble and fair. I’m not saying they didn’t achieve great things but it’s not how it’s often painted. 

• Like 4

As I've said before, the scouse cunts (or at least the ones that know their history) were perfectly happy for one club to have a financial advantage when that club was Liverpool with the Moores' pools money. 

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

aye, canny read. shame it's written by an absolute whopping cunt who spent 14 years with ashley's cock in his mouth and never held back with his criticism of newcastle's support for daring to dream of at least being mildly competitive against the elite he's now being so critical of

he could also have done better by not continuously referring to 'united' and 'city'. something else the media seem to have happily embraced or been hoodwinked in to believing the 2 manchester clubs have exclusivity to.

no problem with supporters of either club doing so, smacks of pandering to elitism otherwise.

Well said.  I was going to make the point (perhaps not as eloquently as you), but I seem to have used "cunt" too often recently to have the appropriate impact. :smile:

42 minutes ago, RobinRobin said:

Well said.  I was going to make the point (perhaps not as eloquently as you), but I seem to have used "cunt" too often recently to have the appropriate impact. :smile:

Robin's overused cunt

And....

Over It Abandon Thread GIF

59 minutes ago, NJS said:

As I've said before, the scouse cunts (or at least the ones that know their history) were perfectly happy for one club to have a financial advantage when that club was Liverpool with the Moores' pools money. 

And how many of the scousers were complaining when liverpool were drifting in the old second division with no European honours and no obvious future.

so i can't stand liverpool and feel like a rant ....

In 1970 Liverpool were no more successful than City or Spurs(8 major honours each) and those clubs both had a European major honour but Liverpool did not.  Their era of domination began with the Littlewoods money.

1st english team of bought in mercenaries (Scots)

Liverpool are a completely manufactured club. Their founder, John Houlding, kicked Everton out of Anfield and therefore had a ground but no team. So he bought a load of players, mainly Scottish ones. He wanted to call them Everton as well but wasn't allowed so he called them Liverpool instead

Liverpools beer brewer owner, John Houlding upped the rent of the ground to Everton. Everton had to leave. Houlding had beer to sell and a ground to fill… starts a new club, pays mercenary Scot’s to come south and create team, decides to call team Liverpool. Beer washing, and clearly current day Liverpool fans have forgotten their origins (or the repeat of the 50’s/60’s)

Liverpool were given a free stadium.

Houlding loaned shed loads of money to LFC and when he died it was due to be repaid to the family. However, the family realised that the club wasn't in a position to pay back the loans and any attempt to force them to do so would result in the bankruptcy of the club and the total loss of the money owed anyway. So they gave the LFC a free pass by writing off the debt.

After several decades of not winning much and being relegated, the Moores family pumped sugar daddy money into the club to buy them promotion, a new team and trophies. 

Blood of 39 Italians on their hands. Liverpool should actually still be banned from the Champions League, they killed but got off with a 5 year ban 

Hacked a rival club’s computer database

Failed UEFA FFP in 2013 but failed to qualify for Europe so fell outside UEFA's remit for investigation and punishment.

Would have failed again in 2015 until they magicked out of the air alleged 'stadium development expenses' of £35 million from years before for the non-existent Stanley Park Project that enabled them to offset against FFP losses.  

Their shirt sponsors are convicted money launderers, aiding criminal organisations and terrorists link

• The Houthi rebels are responsible for many atrocities in Yemen including blockading food aid at the port of Hodeidah for starving Yemeni civilians.
  • The Houthi rebels are financed and armed by the Iranian government.
  • Standard Chartered have been find a cumulative total of $1.5 billion for repeatedly money laundering for various dodgy organisations but principally for the rogue Iranian government.
  • Liverpool FC's main sponsors are Standard Chartered. The sponsorship started in 2010 and will run until at least 2023 which makes it LFC's second longest ever sponsorship.
  • Liverpool FC, by 2023, will have received £280 million in blood money from Standard Chartered. 

Ditto their sleeve sponsors. 

killed a Crystal Palace fan

Unprecedented debt and asset stripping, fraudulent sponsorship dealings and accused of breaking FFP rules, unprecedented debt, debt, debt, accused of breaking FFP rules, can’t run the club well enough to be able to sort contracts out for players leaving them potentially jobless. 

Their owners have been caught cheating at baseball in the US. 

Liverpool owners forcing local residents out link

bricking City coaches whereas City fans impeccably observed their Hillsborough ceremony. 

hold the record for the longest ban in Europe by an English team 

Liverpool weren't even the biggest/most successful club in their own city at the start of the 60s, never mind biggest club in England. That was Liverpool before they were "financially doped" with dirty gambling money.

Some Manchester City v Liverpool bits ....

• Citys 10th highest league crowd is 71,364, Liverpools best ever crowd is 61,905. ( City even had 69,463 when in division two against burnley )

• City won the FA cup 61 years before Liverpool

• City won the league cup 12 years before Liverpool

• City won a cup in Europe 3 years before Liverpool

• City fans have never murdered any other fans.

• In 1970 Liverpool were no more successful than City (8 major honours each) and City had a European honour but Liverpool did not.

City were the first of the so called big 6 (apologies) to have won all 3 major domestic trophies and a major European trophy.

• 1970 City
  • 1971 Chelsea, Spurs
  • 1981 Liverpool
  • 1987 Arsenal
  • 1992 United

rant over 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, thebrokendoll said:

That's something i make a conscious effort with here. Sometimes i write united then delete and go again. I feel something similar when the london describe chelsea as the blues meanwhile Man City fans and Everton fans silently fume.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Toonpack said:

It's a thread by a red Manc, but if emails are legit, yikes !!!

But from CAS ruling

0846BB9D-0AE8-4DF3-B4FA-95194395B569.jpeg

it's also worth pointing out that some of those emails were proven to have been doctored. if so, how can any of them be believed?

Also another excerpt from the CAS findings

image.thumb.png.1de745629e20b6dc23a5f83a85b60200.png

4 minutes ago, LondonBlue said:

That's something i make a conscious effort with here. Sometimes i write united then delete and go again. I feel something similar when the london describe chelsea as the blues meanwhile Man City fans and Everton fans silently fume.

don't beat yourself up about it mate, I'm far happier to forgive you than I am alan shearer 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1