Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

1 hour ago, Dougle said:

I’m simply asking why a show that costs the BBC (and us as license payers) more than most, has been dropped down to ten minutes, when surely the extra time they have with the lack of pundits/presenters should have increased the time for actual football highlights.

Is it that hard like?

Cheers. Much more succinct question 👍🏻

It was 20 minutes I believe. And no, their highlights packages would usually be longer, but with zero commentary they obviously took the decision to chop the highlights right back to more or less just the goals. 

They didnt even play the theme tune :lol:

It was only on at all to fulfill their contract to the PL, otherwise they wouldn't have bothered.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Dougle said:

Thanks 👍🏻

The BBC bosses took the decision to do a far shorter show. They’ve basically taken their ball home with them because they’re getting beat. That decision wasn’t forced upon them by Lineker and co (although they’ll probably argue it was) 

• Like 3

I'm sure I remembered reading a while ago that the highlights rights are capped at a certain number of minutes per match. I'm not sure the actual highlights last night were that much shorter than usual.

Remove the pundits, commentary and post match interviews and you lose an hour of the show. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, OTF said:

FB_IMG_1678579064891.thumb.jpg.93252959737eb9648aad4e7528923a03.jpg

Match of the Day Relegated to BBC2:

Bruce: "the viewers showed me a lack of respect"

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, GrahamTaylor5 said:

I have not watched MOTD in a while. Was it really only 10 mins last night or is that an exaggeration? If it was 10 mins, is that about how long the actual match highlights last, for the number of games, on a usual basis? 

Aye it was 10 minutes. Mind you the 10 o’clock news just before lasted 15 or so mins followed by a few mins of weather, but the lead story on the news which lasted OVER 10 mins was the Linekar story. :lol:

It was pretty much a eulogy for the bloke

• Like 1

Sweepstake on Lineker's quip to camera for the return of MOTD. 

A cheeky "Now where were we?" 

... is my guess. 

I initially thought "Did you miss me?" but that might be seen as antagonistic by the Conservative Party and we'd have to have another human sacrifice to appease them. 

• Haha 4