Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

Hodgson is a total relegation appointment. I know you can make the argument that Watford is a basket club but he was beyond woeful there. They basically have to hit the ground running with their games against the teams around them because, even two losses on the spin there, and they’re right in it. And morale will be rock bottom as it is. Also, can you imagine being a player there, being told Hodgson was leaving two seasons ago so a new manager can bring the club forward, that manager being sacked and the bloke who was apparently holding you back is coming in again :lol: Get rid of them 

• Like 4

I’ve always quite liked him. As in he seems like a decent bloke but, fuck me, what goes on in the heads of people when they’re making these sorts of appointments? 

• Like 3

You know how it's widley accepted that Brighton are a well run club, Brentford too. I'm sure if De Zerbi fucks up Brighton will already have a short list of replacements. Managers who play a sufficiently similar style, so that the playing staff don't need to be overhauled, the coaches don't have to be replaced wholesale. 

Why don't more clubs look at their approach and make similar decisions? This appointment is a rush decision, a backwards step. When they appointed Vieira why didn't they have a list of similar coaches in mind should it not work out? If our lot have anything about them, they'll have a list of coaches that can replace Howe, even though he's doing really well. It's just poor planning. 

Still think they'll stay up though, still think they'll need to replace Hodgson pretty damn quick. 

• Like 3

Good old Tim Sherwood making some GREAT points here, the man really knows about his football, just look at his fantastic managerial record and interesting and insightful punditry!

...right? :razz:

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

That's the company some of our esteemed Toontastic colleagues are keeping. I'm sure Steve Bruce would heartily agree.

These old pundits like Sherwood make me laugh. They’re like some old fucker in a dressing gown standing on a door step ranting on about the yoof of today to no one in particular.

I mean its not like they’re totally out of touch and too lazy to put the work and stay relevant. Or that they sit around in the pub swapping unfounded opinions and tropes among themselves that they then trot out an air as some sort of expert insight, because they “actually played the game innit”.

I mean they’re absolutely right, it’s the same game of 11 v 11 kickabout with a round ball it always was.:

Tactics? Its all bollocks son. Flair player? Give him a reducer son. Counterattacking? Just hit it long son. High press? They dont like it up em Mr Mannering. Trequartista? I dont eat that foreign muck, whose round is it anyway Deano? Etc

• Haha 3

42 minutes ago, Kitman said:

These old pundits like Sherwood make me laugh. They’re like some old fucker in a dressing gown standing on a door step ranting on about the yoof of today to no one in particular.

I mean its not like they’re totally out of touch and too lazy to put the work and stay relevant. Or that they sit around in the pub swapping unfounded opinions and tropes among themselves that they then trot out an air as some sort of expert insight, because they “actually played the game innit”.

I mean they’re absolutely right, it’s the same game of 11 v 11 kickabout with a round ball it always was.:

Tactics? Its all bollocks son. Flair player? Give him a reducer son. Counterattacking? Just hit it long son. High press? They dont like it up em Mr Mannering. Trequartista? I dont eat that foreign muck, whose round is it anyway Deano? Etc

Sherwood funnily enough is about the same age as Klopp and Guardiola and had the spurs job handed to him on a plate when he was the same age Eddie Howe is now.

He's not particularly old, its not like hes a Hodgson or Allardyce coming out with this shite after his day has passed.

Its all projection, he failed miserably as a manager precisely because he held these sorts of opinions and it just doesn't work in modern football and rather than admit that to himself or anyone else he gets a spot on talksport to trot it out.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Sherwood funnily enough is about the same age as Klopp and Guardiola and had the spurs job handed to him on a plate when he was the same age Eddie Howe is now.

He's not particularly old, its not like hes a Hodgson or Allardyce coming out with this shite after his day has passed.

Its all projection, he failed miserably as a manager precisely because he held these sorts of opinions and it just doesn't work in modern football and rather than admit that to himself or anyone else he gets a spot on talksport to trot it out.

Thanks Andrew, you’re right he’s not that old (he’s only 53, I thought he was in his 60s lol). Turns out he’s just thick…..

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Andrew said:

I listened to a bit of him last night on my way home from work. They were talking about Kane should he stay at Spurs. He made some good points but every now and then he would say shite like that and you were reminded what a cock he is. 

14 hours ago, Andrew said:

Good old Tim Sherwood making some GREAT points here, the man really knows about his football, just look at his fantastic managerial record and interesting and insightful punditry!

...right? :razz:

He even uses modern terminology to back up his argument against it. He's just being a cunt for the sake of it. 

I mean, I get people pushing back on Trequartista, that kind of makes sense to me. But gegenpressing, low block, half spaces, these all make more sense to me than the reams of monosyllabic grunts you'd need to make the same point.

13 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Fuck around. find out

image.png.e867e2b9b2c5912e9224410efc4853db.png

I’m assuming that’s the same Jake Hepple that got sacked after organising the plane to fly the ‘White Lives Matter’ banner over a Burnley match. 

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

I’m assuming that’s the same Jake Hepple that got sacked after organising the plane to fly the ‘White Lives Matter’ banner over a Burnley match. 

No idea tbh

11 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

No idea tbh

I’ve had a look and it is. On the full picture to the right of the with the flag he’s got his arm around ickle Tommy Robinson.

Edit: https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jun/24/white-lives-matter-plane-organiser-says-police-have-offered-protection

Edited by Alex

3 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Seems like they somehow know where he’s staying so RIP to him in advance 

Nah, the Napoli Ultras will shite themselves once they see the Stone Island badge 

• Haha 4