Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

1 minute ago, ackas said:

Have you lads got a whatsapp group on the go?

"Quick, there's an opinion we don't like"

We discussed it in the secret forum 👍🏻

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 8

4 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

Fair play to Romano who came up with Nagelsmann facing the sack and Tuchel taking over. That’s how you do scoops, CN.

I wonder how long Conte will stay in his job now…

What sort of a joke League have you got when you’re sacked for being one point from top and in the QF of the CL?

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, ewerk said:

What sort of a joke League have you got when you’re sacked for being one point from top and in the QF of the CL?

The krieg obviously wasn't blitzy enough.

• Haha 1

On 23/03/2023 at 07:05, wykikitoon said:

Premier League domestic flights: BBC Sport research shows 81 flights from 100 games - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65017565

I understand flying for any trip over 3hrs in the coach to be honest. You can have hundreds of millions of pounds worth of assets that have a time sensitive schedule. Trains or road travel may be more ecological, but are at the whims of the notoriously poor British transport system. Imagine the law suits flying around if the Avanti West Coast breaks down outside Birmingham and the title decider between Man City and Arsenal in April is postponed, or the Arsenal team aren't able to get proper rest or training in before the game?

10 hours ago, Isegrim said:

Fair play to Romano who came up with Nagelsmann facing the sack and Tuchel taking over. That’s how you do scoops, CN.

I wonder how long Conte will stay in his job now…

Naglesmann working for Levy doesn’t seem to work on the face of it but if he’s happy with having players bought for him I suppose it might.. thinking about it is Naglesmann actually any better than Eddie Howe? 🤔🤷🏻‍♂️

3 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Naglesmann working for Levy doesn’t seem to work on the face of it but if he’s happy with having players bought for him I suppose it might.. thinking about it is Naglesmann actually any better than Eddie Howe? 🤔🤷🏻‍♂️

ap-huh.gif.8dcf09876a5b7ecf4285dee64b147ab8.gif

57 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

On paper, yes. But there's surely no appetite to get rid of Howe. Cheap, over-delivering, got the fans and team on board. Any change would be a big gamble and one I think they'd only take if Howe stops delivering. 

6 minutes ago, The Fish said:

On paper, yes. But there's surely no appetite to get rid of Howe. Cheap, over-delivering, got the fans and team on board. Any change would be a big gamble and one I think they'd only take if Howe stops delivering. 

Is he though? By what measure do you reckon? 

15 minutes ago, The Fish said:

4 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

howe is going nowhere 

I can see how you’d think I was saying that but honestly I wasn’t . It just struck me as even though JN is ahead of Howe career wise how did he get to elite worldwide club Bayern Munich? .. not literally doing what Howe is currently doing/has done  but there are similarities…

11 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Yeah, someone with a better knowledge of JN than me needs to answer but for me it’s interesting. Would Bayern come for Howe after 2/3 champions league campaigns? 🤔

40 minutes ago, Andrew said:

League titles, individual trophies, win %, GD, stuff like that.

4 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

He hasn’t got a clue is what he’s saying.

FWIW, I think Nagelsmann got the Bayern job because of what Bayern have been doing for a decade; poaching literally anyone in Germany that looks good and can threaten their dominance tbh

I'm saying on paper, Nagelsmann has achieved more than Howe has. That's not really up for debate is it? 

6 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I'm saying on paper, Nagelsmann has achieved more than Howe has. That's not really up for debate is it? 

The point I’m trying to make is Eddie Howe might be entering the equivalent of Naglesmann Leipzig period, they’re not at the same stage of their careers.  Saying “HES GOING NOWHERE!!” is ok until a club asks to speak to him….I think he’ll be getting “monitored” by some big hitters now…